Chapter 25- Life Changing

**NOT EDITED**

Violet's POV-

I slowly started to come back to everything. I felt sick, and that doesn't happen...I'm too powerful to get sick. I felt my head aching painfully, and I tried to open my eyes but it felt as if they were glued shut. I groaned as I tried to move my arms, they were stiff along with the rest of my body. 

"Kitten?"

My response was once again a groan. "C'mon kitten, you can do it. Open those violet eyes for me baby," William?

Yes, it's me. Open your eyes please. His voice was desperate and I could hear the pain behind his voice. Neither could I, nor my Dendrix and wolf could stand to hear that so with all the strength we could open our eyes. When I finally managed to do that, there were thankfully no bright lights blinding me. I felt weak, weaker than I've ever been.

My vision slowly started refocusing and the first thing that I noticed was William. He was sitting next to me, my hand held tightly in his. The second thing I noticed was that I was currently in the Royal Infirmary. I had a gut feeling something was most definitely not okay. 

"What-" coughs started emerging from me as my throat felt as dry as a desert. William silently offered me a cup of water and I sighed at the soothing liquid. 

"What happened?" I whispered, I had no energy to talk, I felt lazy, super lazy. 

I locked eyes with William and it was silent for a second before he burst out crying, I mean full on wailing and sobbing. I felt panic rise within me at the pain of seeing my mate like this. Why was he like this?! 

"William!" I said a little more forcefully, even that took out a lot from me. 

He didn't say anything, he just fell to his knees and wrapped his arms around me. His tears instantly soaked the hospital gown I was currently wearing. 

"William. William!" I held his face towards me, he could barely look me in the eye. 

"W-what's wrong?" I asked. 

I wiped the tears from his face but just as fast as I wiped them, new ones appeared seconds later. It was full on water works and I couldn't figure out what put him in this state. I couldn't think of anything really..my wolf and Dendrix were deathly silent, I could barely feel them. I had no one to tell me what the hell was going on, but I had to stay calm. I had one mate being weird, we didn't need another person to add on. 

It seemed like hours before William calmed down. His shaking form was now next to me lying on the bed, his face red and stained with tears, his eyes rimmed red, but thankfully the tears had stopped. He hadn't let go of me once, he hadn't said anything and he hadn't stopped kissing my forehead. 

Once his shaking form had stopped, I waited a few minutes to make sure he wouldn't go into a panicked state again before speaking once more. His grip on me hadn't loosened, but he was deathly silent and he had me blocked from being able to read his mind. 

"Is-" I paused to make sure he was alright, so far so good. "Is everything alright?" I felt my shoulder wet, oh no, no, no, no, no.

"No, no William. I'm here, I'm here," I moved his head, now his head was resting on my chest and he had started to shake again. "Please don't cry again," I whispered in his ear. "It pains me to see you like that," I whispered. "It's okay," he slowly started to calm down. I rubbed his back and played with his hair. 

What the hell made him be like this? \

After a few minutes, William's breathing slowed down to a point where I knew he was asleep. I let his slow, steady heartbeat lull me to sleep.