Apocalypse 2

I look up over the rows of books in the book store but don't see him, "Flynn?"

"Yeah?"

I hear him from a couple aisles over.

"Find anything interesting?"

"Uh yeah. I'm in the apocalypse section."

I laugh and put the book I wanted in the bag. I walk over to him and he's sitting on the floor with about five books around him, one open in his lap.

I sit across from him, "We're living in an apocalypse, why do you wanna read about it, too?"

He looks at me, "Don't patronize me."

I smile before crawling towards him, "I'm not."

I kiss him and he is quick to pull me into his lap, setting his book to the side. I cup his face in my hands as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Are we about to have sex right now?" He mumbles against my lips.

I chuckle before shaking my head, "Not in public."

He groans before pulling away, "The whole point of an apocalypse is we can do whatever we want."

I pinch my eyebrows together, "The whole point of an apocalypse is that most of the global population dies."

He opens his mouth to respond but we hear the door open. He puts his finger to his lips as we listen for the usual sounds of a sprinter. He holds me closer as we wait.

"Why are we in here?"

At the sound of the man's voice, Flynn stiffens.

"Cause I need something to do while we're stuck in that fucking house."

Another man.

Flynn and I exchange a look before we grab our guns and stand up.

"Whoa! Hey!" Random Man #1 says.

They put their hands in the air.

"How's it going?" Flynn asks.

Random Man #2 looks at me and Flynn grabs my wrist, pulling me behind him, "Hey, fuck off, bro."

hold my gun out from behind him as I look between the two men.

He looks back at Flynn, "So... What? You guys Bonnie and Clyde?"

Flynn shrugs, "Something like that."

Random Man #1 says, "Hey we don't want any trouble, okay?"

"We just came here for books. We'll leave you guys alone."

I look at Flynn and he's clenching his jaw. He doesn't trust the other survivors since a few tried to attacked us last month.

"Follow us and we'll fucking kill you," I spit as I look at them.

"You got a safe place?" Random Man #2 asks with a small step forward.

"Doesn't matter to you, you're shopping for books," Flynn responds.

He jerks his gun, motioning for them to walk further into the store. They do and I crouch down, grabbing the books Flynn pulled off the shelf and putting them in our bag. When I stand back up we start walking backwards, out of the aisle. The men and us walk in a circle until Flynn and I are by the exit.

"Look- I gotta say it," Man #2 looks at me, "If you ever get bored of him, I'm around."

He winks and I scoff before aiming at his thigh and firing a shot, the silencer muffling the noise. He screams and drops to the floor, calling me a "fucking bitch" in the process. Flynn and I run out the door in the opposite direction of our home. Flynn takes my hand and we take a sharp turn into an alley. We look at each other and he smiles before kissing my forehead.