The Mafia Leader 2 (Part 1)

I wake up in Nikolai's room, his arms wrapped around me, my back pressed to his chest. I have to use the bathroom so I try to remove his arms carefully so he won't wake up. I'm lifting his wrist when he pulls it out of my hand and wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me closer.

"Morning," He mumbles, his voice deep and raspy from sleep.

I look over my shoulder and smile at his sleepy face and messy hair. "Morning."

"What were you doing?" He asks, light suspicion laced in his voice.

"I was trying not to wake you so I could go to the bathroom."

He hums, a deep rumble in his chest before he lets me get up. When I sit up and he's laying on his back, watching me, it's the only time I've seen a man like Nikolai ever look, well... Kind of adorable. He's got bedhead and a sleepy, dazed look on his face as he stares up at me. The black eye marring his beautiful face almost makes me angry. I grin before leaning back down and kissing him. He smiles against my lips as his hand slips to the back of my head. I run my fingers through his messy hair and he sighs.

"I like your bedhead," I mumble against his lips.

He grins. "Yeah?"

I nod. "Yeah."

I pull away and get out of bed. I wince when I stand due to the soreness between my legs and then walk to the bathroom, walking a little funny. I get to the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I go pee and then wash my hands. As I'm doing so, I catch sight of a hickey on my neck and I furrow my brows. I dry my hands off and lift my shirt. He left a couple on my chest and then another on my inner thigh. I should be mad that he decided to mark me but, I'm really not. They're like footprints, reminding me of where he was.

I leave the bathroom as I walk back to the bed, I see that he's fallen back asleep. I carefully try to climb back into bed so I won't wake him but he must be a light sleeper because he sucks in a breath before looking at me. He gives me a soft smile, lifting the blanket so I could get under it. I lay down and then cross my arms on his chest, resting my chin on my arms. He folds his arm
under his head as his other hand moves hair from my face before stroking my hair. I gaze at his features that must've been sculpted by Michelangelo himself. Until I take in his black eye and the bruise forming on his cheek.

I move my hand to his face, frowning.

"Does this hurt?" I ask.

He puts his hand over mine before kissing my wrist. "It's fine."

"You should ice it. It looks painful."

He smiles softly. "It's nothing I can't handle."

"You keep saying that," I whisper.

"Cause I mean it," He whispers back.

"What happened?" I ask, "I know it was your brother but how?"

He sighs. "He had a backup plan. Some of his friends came out and helped him so it ended up being five against one. While I was fighting off his friends, he got away."

I pinch my eyebrows together. "That's dirty. Couldn't you have gotten any of your men out there?"

He shakes his head. "It was too quick."

I sigh before sitting up on my elbow and kissing his cheek. He leans up and kisses me. I move a hand to his good cheek and he wraps an arm around me

"You gave me a few hickeys," I mention, changing the subject.

He pulls away, chuckling.

"I feel like I'm in high school again. That must've been the last time I got a hickey."