In the Dark

Redman POV

The Redman had arrived at his cave.

His cave wasn't really a cave, just a standard room made to look like a cave, courtesy of Flumpty. But it still felt like right and comforting. The Redman used to feel mostly human, but over the years he had forgotten most of his humanity and turned into the monster he felt he truly was.

He felt himself become more associated and close with fire and lava, but that was most likely Flumpty's doing. Flumpty was after all, the one who manipulated him into drinking lava.

Even though Flumpty turned him into a monster, he still retained a piece of his humanity. His still, oddly, kept his old voice when he was still human, and retained his skills as a hacker. In fact, because of his hacking skills, Flumpty even granted him the ability to become a computer virus at will.

And that was what he was planning to do now.

His personal computer sat undisturbed in the fiery cave, waiting to be used. It was a bulky black box that was connected to a monitor. It had several wires feeding out of it. On opposite sides of the box, there were holes that the Redman could plug his ribs into. He plugged each of his eight ribs into the holes. Bolts of red electricity swirled around him, and he soon became an electric current himself. He then shot into the computer monitor.

Jeremy POV

Meanwhile, it was now 2 AM, and Jeremy hadn't died yet.

He'd previously heard a thud come from the closed purple vent, and had worried about what caused the noise since 1 AM. I Probably made the right choice not going in the vents.

His exposure increased from half full to two thirds full, thanks to Flumpty, and Jeremy was very worried he would die before 6 AM.

He noticed an owl on one of the cameras, sitting on the top of a urinal. Then the camera feed glitched and the owl was gone.

He flipped through 3 cameras before seeing it flying through the red vent.

He quickly hopped up and closed the red vent. A few moments later, he heard that distinctive thud.

Jeremy sighed. Just 4 more hours.

Of course, he hadn't felt like he'd been in this place for that long at all. In fact, he only felt Night 1 had lasted only half an hour for him. Jeremy suspected Flumpty might've sped up his sense of time, or that time works differently in this place entirely.

Anyway, at the moment, Flumpty and his friends were all far away from the office.

Flumpty was his usual room, Blam was in a hallway not far away from Flumpty, Eyesaur was in his pit, the Owl was now back on her urinal, Grunkfuss was sleeping in his clown room, and the Beaver wasn't in his stall.

Wait.

Jeremy quickly flipped through the cameras and found the Beaver running full speed towards the office on his knife-feet.

He turned the corner that lead down to the office doorway. Not good. He slammed the laptop closed and ran for the light. He did have much time to-

As soon as Jeremy flipped off the light switch, the Beaver stopped in front of his office, catching himself from falling by grabbing onto the side of the doorway.

Jeremy gasped quietly, and that was enough to raise his exposure a tiny bit. The Beaver squinted and stared into the darkness for a full 10 seconds.

Jeremy stood completely still in the darkness, fearing that a single bead of sweat dropping from his face to the floor would be enough for the Beaver to attack. After what felt like years of anxiously standing in the dark, the Beaver finally left.

After breathing a big sigh of relief, Jeremy checked the cameras and noticed Grunkfuss was awake and staring at the camera. At the top right of the camera feed, it displayed a rapidly decreasing number with the word "PATIENCE" above it. The number was at 300, but it was going down fast. He noticed Grunkfuss twitching on the camera.

Jeremy noticed that the Owl was missing from the urinal, and closed the appropriate vent. He checked Grunkfuss again, and his patience was at 170, still decreasing fast. He noticed Grunkfuss was moving slightly towards a hole in the wall in clown room.

Jeremy closed the laptop slightly and noticed there was hole on the left side of his office, where the Declaration of Independence once was.

Grunkfuss' patience was at 130.

90.

60.

30.

Grunkfuss reached his hand into the hole.

Oh no.

In a flash, he shut his laptop closed and switched the light off. Grunkfuss emerged from the hole in his office a quarter of a second later. His mouth and eyes were wide open.

Then Blam appeared in the doorway, with human eyes instead of pure black ones, and smiling with a mouth that was filled with fangs. Then the Eyesaur came after Blam. Then Flumpty arrived, doing his typical peek-a-boo.

They all retreated one by one, starting with Grunkfuss, then Blam, Eyesaur, and Flumpty.

Jeremy turned the light back on, feeling very, very startled.

Kevin Jr. POV

Blam had recently just shifted into Kevin Jr. after another hour went by without finding the contestant. He clawed off his face in frustration, and shifted personalities.

Kevin Jr. was now walking down the long, starry blue hallway that lead to the Owl's urinal.

After almost 2 minutes of walking, he arrived at the Owl's room, which consisted of bathroom-tile flooring, a green wallpaper, and a urinal where she was perched.

"Ms. Owl?" Kevin asked, "May I speak with you?"

The Owl looked at Kevin and fluttered slightly off the urinal. "Hoot? Blam, is that you?" she asked.

"No, it's me, Kevin Jr. I collect hats and wear a monocle, remember?" Kevin replied

"Oh yeah! So why'd you want to talk to me again, hoot?" The Owl said.

"We need your assistance in finding the contestant, Ms. Owl. Flumpty, Grunkfuss, Eyesaur, Blam, and I have been looking everywhere! No one has seen him for the past 3 hours! I though you could help us with your night vision."

"Hoot, I'd love to," the Owl replied, "But every time I've flown through the vents I've slammed by face against the vent door!"

"Couldn't you just not use the vents, miss?" Kevin questioned, "Why don't you just use the hallways, like the rest of us?"

"Hoot!" The Owl said, raising her voice, "Don't you remember the last time I got caught leaving my urinal? Flumpty punched me in the face and turned me into an egg salad sandwich!" She said angrily,
"And then he ate it!" She finished.

"My apologies, Ms. Owl. Blam was suppressing me rather heavily that day," Kevin replied.

"Oh, it's okay, hoot. Don't worry Kevin, Redman told me had this "genius" plan to find the contestant!" The Owl said cheerfully.

"Did he give any details of this plan?" Kevin asked.

"Nope," the Owl said, "Think he was just bragging to me."

"Ah," Kevin replied.

"But don't worry, Kevin. I'll fly to the other room and have Golden Flumpty check the rooms!" The Owl replied.

"Thank you. I believe I must go. It was nice... catching up with you, Ms. Owl." Kevin replied, turning away.

"Bye, Kevin," the Owl said, flying into the room to her right where Golden Flumpty resided.

Kevin Jr. walked away, clawing at his face slightly, suppressing Blam's endless complaining.