Confrontation

Champ POV

Champ was once human.

But now, he was a husk of his former self. When he was human, he was in a situation much like Jeremy was in. He was kidnapped by Flumpty Bumpty and forced to play his survival hide and seek game.

But unlike countless others before him, Champ actually lived through the night, and became Flumpty's best friend. However, because Flumpty was a murderous psychopath, he ordered that Champ kill his own best friend, the human that would become Chump.

Champ refused to kill Chump, so Flumpty killed them both. He skinned their corpses and cut off the arms. He reactivated their consciousnesses and placed a severe mental block on their minds, so that they would do only as the Redman said.

But though a majority of Champ's brain was under the Redman's control, a small piece of his consciousness remained, fighting.

Overtime, the block on his brain slowly eroded due to Champ's constant attempts to gain control back, so Flumpty transferred his consciousness into a new skinless, armless corpse. This process happened over a dozen times, leaving Champ stuck in an agonizing cycle of imprisonment.

Chump however, was more complacent, and never had to undergo any body transfers. In fact, Chump's consciousness some how melted away under the pressure of the mind block. All that was left was loyalty. Loyalty to his master.

Champ felt he lost his friend for good. At times he wished his consciousness would melt away like Chump's, so he wouldn't have to endure the constant pain he felt every day.

But Champ was a fighter. He fought and he endured. He endured Flumpty's game. He would endure this as well. He would find a way to fight.

Jeremy POV

Monsters surrounded Jeremy on all sides.

Directly in front of him was the Redman. Behind him was Eyesaur. To his left was Champ. And to his right was Chump.

Jeremy could feel the buzz of pain from his wound, the utter exhaustion, and the blood drizzling down his leg.

He was shaking slightly. He should probably have been more scared, but he was still in a state of shock. He felt like he should've been dead a minute ago. The Redman was seconds away from killing Jeremy before the Owl crashed into him and distracted him. Hell, he felt like he was dead, and was just beginning to realize he wasn't.

He was dazed. He was tired. Adrenaline was filling his body. He knew had to fight. But he couldn't fight all of them. So instead, his tired, muddled mind came up with the next best thing.

He would draw Champ and Chump to his side. He didn't know how much they could do against the Redman and Eyesaur, but at least he wouldn't fight alone. Besides, there was no way he was siding with the Redman, and the Eyesaur seemed too mindless to reason with.

These two corpses seemed much more human than the others, and more likely to side with him.

And so, he spoke.

"You. You," he said, pointing to Champ and Chump respectively. "You are human, right?" He said, pointing at his chest.

Chump showed no reaction, but Champ cocked his head slightly.

"You are human," he repeated, "Like me. You're not like these things."

The Redman stared at him from across the room, almost as if amused. The Eyesaur still sat behind Jeremy, waiting on the Redman's whims.

However, he could tell he was resonating with the corpse on his left, so he kept pushing.

"Join with me! Fight the monsters that stand against us!" He shouted, facing Champ.

Champ started twitch, as if trying to move, but being held in place.

"We will take a stand! Together! You and I, we'll fight!" Jeremy cried out.

The Redman took a step forward. Time was running out. However, Champ seemed to be twitching more.

"We are humans!" Jeremy shouted, pointing to his chest then at Chump. The Redman took another step.

"We fight! We survive! We endure and persevere! No matter how bad it gets, we will stand tall! I have survived, you have survived, but now we will fight. We. Will. FIGHT!" He screamed, trying to convince himself as well as Champ.

Champ twitched violently, the Redman looking at him now.

Finally, he stopped twitching, looking at Jeremy.

Champ spoke.

Champ POV

Champ's mind block had finally shattered. Fueled by Jeremey's words, he made one final push to break his mind block. This time it would be different. He would fight.

Looking at Jeremey, he knew what he needed to do.

"Get out of his way," Champ croaked.

Champ let out an unholy scream and charged at the Redman.

Jeremy POV

Jeremy winced in surprise as Champ screamed.

Champ ran full speed at the Redman and kicked him to the floor.

"Eyesaur!" the Redman yelled.

Jeremy heard stomping from behind him and knew now what Champ meant. He dove out of the Eyesaur's way just before it trampled him.

Champ was on top of the Redman, screaming and stomping on his bones, breaking some of them. The Eyesaur ran towards the two at full speed.

The Redman realized his mistake too late.

He looked up with horror as the Eyesaur trampled both him and Champ, killing them both.

The Eyesaur stopped and stepped away from the crushed remnants of the Redman and Champ. It sat down like a dog would, as if mourning the death of the Redman. It stayed like that for quite some time.

Jeremy got up and looked over at Chump, who stepped beside the Eyesaur, also as if to mourn.

After almost a minute of the two doing nothing, Jeremy cautiously walking up to the tangled mess of contorted flesh and crushed red bones. The Eyesaur and Chump paid no attention to him.

Looking over the grizzly sight, he realized something. Something that made him grin and almost start to cry of joy. He picked up the long, sharp, red bone fragment that used to be part of Redman's leg. He held it up and chuckled to himself.

He had a weapon.