Sense of Direction

Jeremy POV

Jeremy stumbled around a stalagmite, utterly exhausted. He'd been running for who knows how long, rattled from encountering the yellow egg again.

These tunnels... never end... Jeremy thought between heavy breaths.

He felt like he'd run a long way, but there were still spider webs on the walls, indicating he was still within the Spider's territory.

Please don't tell me that spider's still after me...

Jeremy kept thinking about Golden Flumpty. He'd encountered him three times so far, and could pick out no pattern to his appearances. The only thing he knew was that he showed up when he least expected it.

Jeremy finally fell to his knees, dropping to the tunnel's floor. He was too tired to go on. He tore the spider webs and they came off with little resistance, apparently losing their stickiness.

Jeremy picked up his cracked bone fragment and studied it with wary eyes. He felt like it could shatter at any second.

Then, he heard a soft, thumping something sound from behind him.

Jeremy leapt to his feet, spinning around to face the source of the sound. He saw nothing.

"Hello up there!" A squeaky voice said from below.

Jeremy snapped his head downwards, pointing his spear at the thing that made the noise.

A soccer ball-sized blue cupcake sat his feet, staring up at him with a smile. A black, blocky arrow stuck through the middle of his icingless body, and he had a simple cartoon face.

"Wha-! Who are you?" Jeremy shouted, stumbling backward.

"I'm Cuppercake! Who are you?" The blue cupcake asked.

Jeremy lowered his weapon reluctantly. This 'Cuppercake' didn't seem very threatening. But who was he? Where did he come from?

"I'm... Jeremy Yates. The contestant. Who are you?" Jeremy said.

Cuppercake scoffed, still retaining his air of cheerfulness. "I just said who I am! I'm Cuppercake!" He said, hopping around Jeremy. "Man, it's been so long since I've seen a human!"

"I don't mean your name," Jeremy said, "Where did you come from?"

"From around that corner," Cuppercake replied.

"I-... Do you live here or something, or were you from... the surface?"

"Hmm..." Cuppercake stopped bouncing. "Yes and no. I do live here, but I was from the surface."

"So you did you come down here to kill me?" Jeremy asked, raising his spear at him.

"Calm down man! I'm just a cupcake! I'm just trying to help you find your sense of direction!"

"What are you talking about?" Jeremy asked, lowering his weapon.

"I'm talking about the arrow in my head," Cuppercake said, nodding upwards.

"That's not what a 'sense of direction' is."

"Of course it is, silly human! This arrow tells me where I'm going where I am, and where everyone else is. That's a sense of direction right? How else did you think I found you?"

"That's sounds more like telepathy or something," Jeremy said.

"More silly human talk," Cuppercake said flippantly.