The Masked Hunter

A/n: I'm back Bish.

3rd pov

The masked boy disappeared in a swirl of leaves and appeared a little bit away from Zabuza's corpse.  Kakashi in the same manner appeared beside Zabuza his fingers brushing against the needles before resting them on his neck. 'Way dead' he retracted his hand and straightened slightly, his gaze fixed on the masked ninja. 

He was still shocked by the previous incident but tried his best to focus on his surroundings. "Thank you for the help. I hope you don't mind my interference. However, I wanted the satisfaction of taking him out myself!" Kakashi's eyes lit up in recognition as his eyes zeroed in on his mask. "That mask is familiar... correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you a shinobi hunter from the hidden village in the mist?" There was a short silence before an almost inaudible laugh-like breath escaped the masked shinobi. "Well, aren't you the smart one?!" You could hear the amusement in his voice combined with slight mockery mostly undetected by the team. 

"A shinobi hunter?!" Naruto's shout startled his teammates making them inch closer to Tazuna. "I am, indeed, a member of the elite tracking unit from the village hidden in the mist. It is our responsibility, and our art, to hunt down and deal with the rogues and outlaws."

Kakashi's eyes narrowed as he analyzed the boy 'Judging by his size and the timbre of his voice, he couldn't be any older than my students, yet he was already a full-fledged shinobi hunter. He's not your average kid that's for sure, but then again neither is Y/n. To think she actually can't die, her dream is starting to make sense now but it's still too early for her to wish for that and how did she find out she couldn't?'  His eyes shifted to the girl in question who was intensely staring at the body beside him. 'I'll keep her alive for as long as I am... forgive me for being selfish Y/n but I won't let you get hurt like that again' 

Naruto was also staring at Zabuza but his gaze shifted between him and the ninja in front of them. He grits his teeth and points at the boy "What's going on here!?! Who are you?!?" Kakashi stood up and moved closer to his team "Relax, Naruto. He's not an enemy." His voice was calm and low. "That's not what I asked! I mean... What I mean is he killed Zabuza who wasn't exactly a pushover, but still got taken out by a guy my age! Like it was nothing! What, do we suck or something!? What's up with that?!" Naruto's frantic yelling was starting to get to Y/n who was trying to puzzle together the situation. 

Kakashi seeing her frustrated expression placed a hand on Naruto's head to calm him down. "Well, you have my sympathy. I can see where a thing like that might bother you. But it's a fact you'll have to deal with." Ruffling his hair he glanced at the boy and then shifted his eyes to Y/n. "This probably won't be the last time we encounter someone both younger than you and stronger than me." 

The shinobi appeared kneeling beside Zabuza's body, lifting him slightly and wrapping his hand around his shoulder. "Your battle is over for now, and the remains must be disposed of less they give up secrets to our foes." Raising his hand he formed a hand sign. "Well, then I must me off." Y/n's eyes widened in panic as she stepped forward trying to reach him realizing the wrong in the situation. "He's gone!" Tired of Naruto, Kakashi let out a huff as he pulled down his headband to cower his Sharingan.  

Y/n's pov

Taking a few more steps I got ready to track down the rouge pair. 'I should have seen it sooner' "Now we still need to escort Mr. Tazuna the rest of the way home. let's put our best feet forward" Distracted I turned to Kakashi Our eyes met and I could see the realization dawn on him before his face turned blank then slightly blue.