Chapter 6 - Party

#5 in seniors :)))))
Vote and comment ‼️

-Mateos pov

Stepping into Vicente's bedroom was probably a bad idea. I went to get him cause Marcello got here with the cake and I seen him walk into his room earlier but I thought Zaya would have been out by now. I thought wrong.

I walk in smiling and see them staring intently at each other. Unsaid things in each others eyes. Were they hiding something behind my back?

"Hey guys cakes here and Marcello" I force a smile and back out of the room. Vicente is a great friend but he's such a shitty boyfriend. I don't want Zay getting hurt by him and especially because she doesn't date often.

When Zay does love, she loves hard. She puts her entire being into loving that person. If I could choose how to love, that would be it.

On the other hand, Vicente treats his girls like shit. He invalidates their feelings and then wittles them down to nothing after making them feel worthless. I love him as a friend but he is not suited for Zaya.

I walk back into the party and everyone is waiting for Vicente, including Marcello his older brother.

Marcello is a pretty tall guy, he's six foot four, has great hair, green eyes, sharp jawline, and muscles. Any girls dream guy. Too bad he's focused on his career. I've heard he's had a girlfriend before but he's never told me about it before which is weird but ok with me. I try to avoid girl topics with him as it's a touchy subject but otherwise he's a pretty fun guy.

Zay has told me before how he's soooooo hot and she wants to bite a chunk out of his biceps. I roll my eyes mentally at the memory of us before this summer.

"Hey Marcello how's it going man." Talking over the random song as I dab him up. He smiles at me looking down slightly.

"You know the usual, college, grades, work, ma." He smiles and pats me on the back as he takes a sip out of his beer.

"Sounds boring. Don't you ever get tired of college?" I ask before glancing around the room taking in the large living room of the Lopez's. The couch was against the farthest wall and the coffee table was a makeshift dining table for the people here to celebrate Vs birthday. The chocolate cake sat there waiting to be sliced and ate by the many people waiting.

"Sometimes but you just gotta get over it and ride it through." I nod at his words engrossed in the people around us.

I look around shifting on my feet back and forth waiting and waiting for my best friend to come back and I finally see her curly hair in the crowd with Vicente behind her. Vicente is smirking and walking toward us with Zaya close to him. Zaya looks upset but she's trying to hide it with a smile as she walks up to me.

"Finally god damn Zay." I mutter and grab her hand and pull her away from Vicente. I don't want Zay by him without me anymore. He obviously can't keep her happy if she's looking at me with relief.

"Hey man happy birthday" Marcello says to Vicente as he pulls him in for a hug and pats his back twice. I smile and look to the cake so Vicente can take a hint and blow out the candles that say eighteen.

I grab Zayas cropped shirt and drag her closer. She doesn't seem to mind while she goes on her phone while everyone says a brief happy birthday to Vicente.

"Wanna get out of here?" I whisper to Zay so no one else can hear me. She nods her head once like she read a text off her phone. Smart.

I make my way to the door with Zaya right behind me as we make our grand escape.