Chapter 13 - School

Vote and comment :)
Last chap was boring

- Zayas pov

I can't believe I'm on my senior year of high school. It's such a weird feeling graduating from a school I've been at for four years and all the people I grew up with. Who even knows if I'm gonna see these people in the next ten years? The next time I see my math teacher with be at the high-school reunion of 2024.

A car horn honks taking me out of my thoughts. I peak out the window and Mateos black car is sitting in my driveway.

Shit I need to hurry. I pull on my shoes and hop down the stairs towards the door.

I pat my pockets making sure I have all my stuff. Phone? Check. Keys? Check (just in case Mateo loses his) backpack? Check.

Okay good to go.

We don't get our schedule until the first day and I'm not sure what classes I have yet but I hope I have a friend in at-least one. The friend group decided we all will take lunch off for the period so we can go have lunch somewhere better than our school. Most seniors chose this period so it's a long line to sign out at.

I slide into Mateos passenger and glance at him. He's wearing grey cargo shorts and a white T-shirt.

"Hey Zay, ready for school?" Mateo asks from beside me.

"Shit yeah. Are you though?" I'd say I'm ready. I might get dress coded since I'm wearing a cropped dark green T-shirt and and beige cargo pants.

"Yeah I guess but it's weird being a senior. Look we're matching with cargo." Mateo says excitedly.

I giggle and plug my phone in and turn music on. My phone reads 7:37 am September 6th. Mateos birthday is on the seventh and my birthday is on the 14th. I can't wait to give Mateo his presents.

The blue bracelet and shoes are burning a hole in my conscience. I got him more but I just need to stop thinking about it right now or else I'll blab about it like Nemina. I had to force her to pinky promise not to say anything to him.

Nemina and Navi helped me wrap the presents yesterday at my house. It was so much fun and we went out to eat after.

Sometimes them together is a lot to handle. They practically finish each others sentences and they grew up together and are always together no matter what. Their bond is unbreakable and I can't help but want a relationship like that. Where we have a unbreakable bond.

Sure I have Mateo, but was he here my whole life? No he was there a good portion of it.

My mom said she just couldn't have anymore kids after the pain of child birth. She says that Ike enough for her and I don't know if she means I'm a lot or enough...

Doesn't matter that much. Mateo pulls into the school parking lot and I can't help but get a little nervous for my last high school year. It's such a melancholy feeling. I basically grew up here with these teachers and students.

"I'm so not ready." My nervousness leaks into my voice.

Mateo glances at me questioningly.

"It's the same as every year Zay." Mateo tells me then grabs his bag and gets out. I follow his lead and head up to the doors.

"You wouldn't get it." I murmur, completely forgetting about his anxiety. I'm so stupid, of course he gets it.