Chapter 11 - Shopping

Vote n comment :)

Last chapter was so longgg (this one is legit longer)
Btw we're at a point where school is in a week

-Zayas pov

It's now Thursday and I can't believe school is in a week. Not next week but the next Monday. I already have everything I need for school. We have senior release at my school so I get a period out of school. I haven't chosen the period yet but I'm thinking 1,5, or 8. Mateo wants to do 5 since it's the period before lunch but Navi and Nemina want 8 period because they would get out early.

I sigh and put my feet up on the wall. Having a window that goes out is cool to sit on. I grew up in this house and it was my parents room before it was mine so I was always at this window seat no matter the age. It has a perfect outlook on our yard. My moms yard to be specific. She's owned this house for twenty years. She came into old money when she turned eighteen and then she worked and worked to save up for a house and with the help of the fund she bought this gorgeous 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom.

This house is hella old with a grand staircase and pentagon windows upstairs but it's such a pretty house. I love it here and never want to move. I hate saying this but when my mom dies I'm excited to get the house. Shitty thing to say but it's the truth. Good thing my mom has a good thirty years minimum left.

My mom is such a strong independent role in my life. She's retired but she was a supervisor as a big corporate. She was a boss lady. She made sure to have flexible hours so she could see me when I got home from school. My mom even talked to her boss about working from home to be closer to my dad and I. She's just so strong. She's what I strive to be in as a women.

I sigh and sit up straight in my seat. I jump from the notification from my phone. I didn't even turn on my ringer yesterday at the beach. It's a text from Mateo asking if I want to go to the store with him.

It's a mucky day. It was raining an hour ago and now it's foggy. At 11:37 pm. God I hate September. The only good thing about mucky days is rain. I do want to get out of the house. I text him back a sure and start to get ready.

It's gonna be chilly so I should dress accordingly. A Cropped black T-shirt will match perfectly with my grey sweatpants. I don't want to get my vans dirty but I'm not sure what shoes to wear. My dark green converse should do. That won't keep me warm but I won't even be outside that long anyway.

I change out of my pjs and put my clothes on. The rain intensifies and I hear the pounding of the droplets against my windows.

I hear the door downstairs. Mateo must have been near by to get here so fast.

Fuck I haven't even wetted my hair yet. I don't think I'll have time to do makeup either. Mateos footsteps make their way upstairs and next thing I know he's knocking.

"Hey Zay, ready to go?" Comes Mateos deep voice outside my door. He did not give enough time to get ready.

"Come in and no." I sit at my vanity looking in the mirror at my door. Mateo walks in wearing a grey zip up Nike hoodie, black wife beater, beige cargos, and black Nike slides. He's also wearing our watching yin Yang necklace from the sixth grade we bought them at Claire's. He has the black one and I have the white one.

"Who you dressing up for." I raise my eyebrows jokingly and he rolls his eyes and jumps on my bed face first.

"Hot worker at Walmart." He grins mischievously at me. 

I sigh and start spraying my hair with water. After my hairs dripping ish I start brushing. Mateos staring at me from my bed.

"Stop wearing that old ass necklace. How do you know it doesn't have a std?" I raise my eyebrows at him and go back to my hair.