Chapter 28 - Graduation

Vote and comment :)

- Zayas pov

Excitement and anticipation fills me as we sit in our chairs.

The robes around me surround me like a cloak. The cap on my head burns.

I'm graduating. Im graduating highschool. The feeling is so surreal.

More names are called up as I glance both ways. Rows of people surround me and I suddenly feel small.

I'm closer to the end considering my name. Zaya Mendoz.

Navi gets called up and I cheer so loudly for her.

"Go Navi yeah!!" I yell out and clap and cheer for her along with everyone else.

Neminas called up next and I do the same thing.

They both smile as if they can hear me and I grin so widely I think my cheeks will split.

My best friends are graduating high school. Shit, I'm graduating high school.

The line continues on and on as nervousness grows. This year was the best out of all four. There might have been lots of drama but us four ended it together.

Me, Mateo, Navi, and Nemina. My best friends in the whole world.

Alaina's name is called up and Drew, who's a few rows up, screams and hollars for her. Safe to say they're a cute couple.

I cheer for her too then more people move along. Oliver is called up next and I cheer for him too. Man I'll miss everyone after today.

-
Flashback

December 14

I sit in the lunchroom, waiting for everyone to get back.

Mateos in the office again and the twins are in the bathroom.

After ten minutes they all come back. They're talking excitedly and Neminas leading the conversation.

"Guess what Z?" Navi asks me excitedly.

"What?" I ask nervously.

Mateo sits next to me and wraps a warm  arm around my waist, squeezing comfortably.

"Alaina and Drew are going to prom together. He asked her by leading her to the gym and a big banner fell from the ceiling. It was so cute." Nemina recalls dreamily.

It's still crazy how the twins finish each others sentences.

"Aww that's so romantic!" I say excitedly.

Proms two months away and I haven't been asked yet. If Mateo didn't ask soon I would ask him.

-
Present

Three rows away from me, people are getting their diplomas while their family and friends cheer.

My mom and Malia are here for our graduation. I can't wait to hear them in the crowd, they're loud.

-
Flashback

We make our way to prom in a limo. Mateos squeezing my hand as the twins stare at us longingly from across from us. They weren't asked so they went together.