Chapter 23 - Angry

- Zayas pov

Sometimes I get so fucking mad. Shaking, trembling, lip biting mad.

Other times I just stare in silence not realizing it. Anger is a weird emotion. It makes me feel things I haven't before. It also makes me want to move and shout to get rid of it- or make it bigger and stronger.

Right now I'd say I'm the shaking kind of mad.

Vicente kissed me.

It was out of nowhere and I was just sitting there.

It's a long story so don't go blaming me yet.

I was sitting in the library as always, since Mateos suspended I've been lonely. Only one more day without him at school. But as I was saying, I was sitting in the library when Vicente walked in and sat next to me.

"What are you reading?" He asks me cheerfully.

I ignored him but it only made him persist.

"I heard that authors a fake." He continues.

I huff and try to focus on my book.

The librarian Jill stares at me with a weird expression. Jill's my girl, she always holds the best books for me.

"Can I read?" My eye twitches.

I snap my eyes to him and send him a glare.

He leans in closer and reads over my shoulder. Shivers roll down my spine and I shake off the feeling.

He only gets closer at my discomfort. I turn my head to look up at him and he leans in and kisses me. I freeze at the touch.

Vicente's lips were on mine.

I shove him away and look around to make sure no one seen.

Nemina stands in the entry of the library with a shocked expression. Her face flustered.

"What the hell is wrong with you Vicente! I'm dating Mateo." I push his chest away and grab my bag.

"Not after I tell him. Then you'll come crawling back to me. Why do you think I dated Nemina? I only did it to make you jealous." He smirks and reaches out to me.

I smack his hand and leave my book and trail after Neminas shaking body.

"Nemina wait!" I call after her.

She turns around with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"It's not what it looks like I swear Mina. Vicent-"

"What was it then? You just kissed my crush that I've liked for years. Even after he cheated on me, you broke girl code. Hard." Her lip trembles as she shoves the frantic words my way.

"I'm so sorry Mina. He kissed me, I swear to it." I plead.

"I don't believe you. Even after I told you I liked him you still flirted with him that day at the beach!" She all but yells at me.

I step closer and frown.

"Mina please, you have to believe me." I beg.

"Mateo has to know. Oh shit," she grips her hair. "What are you going to tell your boyfriend?" She points a finger in my direction.

"The truth. Vicente kissed me. I didn't want to kiss him." I tell her calmly.

She shakes her head and leaves before I can say anything else.

I bite my lip and head towards the office to leave for the day.

Dread fills my stomach like an overflowing sink. I fill out the form saying I'm sick and start to walk home. I don't know what to say to Mateo.