5

Fri

Fri. 16th Feb...

Author's POV

The day has finally arrived for the biggest Charity Event for gamers, game shop owners and for rich people to splander their money for a good cause.

Today was suppose to be an exciting day but instead, Nadia sits down at the edge of her bed, playing with her hands nervously as she panics about seeing him for the first time in years.

She pondered heavily on what she would say or how they would react seeing each other after all these years.

At a younger age, she was confident that if she saw him again that she would know what to say but now that she was facing reality her mind was blank.

Her phone begins to ring bringing her out of her thoughts. She quickly answered without checking who it was.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hi sweetie." A familiar voice happily cheered on the line making her forget about everything.

"Hi mom." Nadia smiles. "How are you? How is your cruise?"

"I'm good and it's fun. I miss you. And your dad is here too." her mom chimes happily before she heard shuffling. "Hi princess."

"Hi dad. I miss you guys too but I can't really talk too much today. I have a busy day." she frowns as she explained.

"We know. Alexa told us about your big event. We're so proud of you." my mom said and I smile at their encouragement.

"Just keep focus and we want pictures." my dad adds making me laugh.

"I will. I love you both."

"We love you too." they replied before hanging up.

Her parents were on a cruise for almost three months traveling the world. She was very happy for them but sometimes she wished she could disappear and stay with them at their home especially moments like these.

As Nadia leaves her room, the door to her apartment opens as she heard the arguing knowing who it was exactly.

She makes her way to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water until the two persons came in sight.

"I'm just saying I have the right to know about Wonwoo rather than finding out today." Seungcheol tries defend himself.

"At least you know now. Nadia is already going through it." Alexa said.

I leaned against the counter, watching the pair before they notice my existence. They both awkwardly smile and I furrowed my eyebrows at them.

"Talking about your bestfriend behind her back? That's cold."

Seungcheol raised his hands, surredning. "In my defense, you clearly forget the bestfriend code since I had to find out that the event your holding is for your ex-boyfriend."