17

Thurs. 2nd May...

Author's POV

Maya releases a soft sigh as she stares out the large glass window, overlooking the town as everyone was going about their day and the streets were bustling with cars driving up and down.

She was inside Mingyu's office, waiting for his arrival from a meeting as he called her to talk.

The boys have been checking on her ever since her break up with Seungcheol. More so, they didn't want her to leave so with that in mind, they feared she would disappear without saying a word or goodbye.

Over the past few weeks, she has been feeling better compared to how she first felt.

Clouds of negativity have tried to occupy her brain, making her want to doubt herself but she remembered his words also she knew her self worth.

Acceptance became easy in the end because she knows that you really can't help you love.

That yearning feeling that lingers heavily once fall is hard to get rid of that another person can't even cure.

She just hoped that maybe love can give her own prince charming in due time.

Now that she is in a better state of mind, she can finally move on to the next chapter of her life whatever that may be.

The door to Mingyu's office opens and she turns to see him smiling already at her presence.

She couldn't help but return it as they both met halfway, engulfing each other as they shared a short but comforting hug.

Mingyu was very happy that she actually came since it was very hard to get her out of the house for a bit.

He understood though.

She did just get her heart broken and he knows that definitely requires some alone time and space.

"How are you feeling?" he asks immediately as they part.

Maya motions for them to take a seat on the lounge chair in his office in which Mingyu follows.

The pair sat down in an angle to face each other, wanting to give each other attention.

"I'm good. I'm better to be honest." she replies.

Mingyu nods, feeling a relief that she is doing okay but he still worries about her leaving.

Usually he wasn't one to get attached to people.

Mingyu has his fair share of issues that he has to deal with personally in his life but Maya and Wonwoo were everything to him.

When Maya only visited every six months, he always became sad that she had to leave because he was content with their bubble.

If no one else had his back, they did and knowing that she was going to be living in the same state was exciting news until now.