21

Sat

Sat. 8th June...

Wonwoo's POV

I hesitated, my hand frozen on the café door handle, uncertain if I was making the right choice.

I was never one to deal with confrontations, not because I was scared but more like I would rather ignore it, and let it linger in the universe so that I eventually don't need to be bothered.

You could call me cowardly but it's a way of protecting my peace.

I never thought I would have to be in this scenario again, especially after what happened.

I was meeting with Mei to hear whatever she had to say.

Finding that urge to go inside, I opened the door and searched the crowd before landing my eyes on where she was sitting.

She turns in the direction of the door, her eyebrow raising as she slightly smirks noticing that I was finally here.

As I walk over to the table, I quickly take a seat and notice that she has pushed a glass of iced coffee towards me. I thank her for the gesture.

"You didn't have to order for me though. I wasn't planning to stay very long," I say, making sure she understands my intentions.

She leans back into her chair with her arms folded and hums softly before responding. "I guess I might be the only one who genuinely wants this reunion."

I nod. "Well, after our history, I wouldn't necessarily say that we're on good terms."

"If I recall correctly, you're the one who betrayed me," she points at me. "Not the other way around."

Sighing, I choose to maintain my composure and get straight to the point. "I don't want to argue. What is it that you want to talk about?"

"Nadia."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and take a sip of my drink. "What about Nadia?" I ask.

"I want you to let go of Nadia," Mei boldly states.

Wonwoo scoffs at her sudden request. "I won't," he denies.

Mei leans forward, her hand falling to her side. "Why not?" she asks, a little frustrated. "Why her, Wonwoo?"

"Mei, we've talked about this-" 

"No," she cuts me off. "You didn't talk to me about anything. All you did was tell me you were in love with someone else when it was supposed to be us," she exclaims. 

I could see a few people staring at us as she raised her voice a little. 

"I admit that the way I handled the situation back then wasn't ideal, and I apologize for that, but-"

"So then you can drop her?"

I let out a heavy sigh before speaking. "Please let me finish, Mei," I say, and she nods, listening intently.