chapter 1 - A reason for revenge

I thought I would never find love but I guess things can happen.
-----------------------------------------
My best friend laying there unconscious,slumped over like a peice of forgotten trash ,her face stained with blood. I rush over calling her name shaking her trying to wake her "Alex! wake up,please!" , I pick her up and run to the infirmary my clothes being covered in her blood, her breathing was shallow,tears started to roll down my cheeks calling for help as I got to the door of the infirmary.

I informed the nurse of what happened barely catching a breath, "I found her unconscious bleeding from her face help her,please!"

The nurse then told me to go and get the principal while she helped Alex.

Without a second thought I ran to Ms.Carbon's office  everyone was staring but I didn't care my friend was hurt and she needed my help
"Hang in there Alex, you're in good hands." I whispered to myself as I finally reach Ms.Carbon's office.

I knocked on the door frantically she soon came and opened the door "Ms.Cain you're covered in blood are you alright? what happened?" she questioned concerningly

I quickly spat out what was going on "Alex needs help
she's in the infirmary!" we quickly ran all the way to the infirmary.I opened the door frantically and in panic hoping for the best yet preparing for the worse, we then saw Alex's lifeless body on a bed the nurse then spoke "she's gone,I'm sorry dear." Alex's body was then covered in a white sheet.

My heart sank to my stomach I couldn't move or speak,I was devastated she can't be dead, she isn't dead, she shouldn't be dead I couldn't even process the thought of her actually being dead.

Tears started to fall again,my breath hitched ,my body began to shake, my legs buckled beneath me as I fell to my knees, Ms.Carbon looked at me with pure sympathy and remorse. I lowered my head,salty tears falling on the Grey infirmary floor, I felt a hand on my shoulder it was Ms.carbon," Altas do you know who could have done this or how this could have happened?" she asked me.

I was in shambles barley able to articulate words but I managed to speak " Rebecca." that's all I could muster she thanked me and went to go speak to the nurse , she turned to me and told me to go back to my dorm while everything was being sorted I nodded and left.

I walked through the halls I felt eyes on me in every direction then I saw her,
Rebecca Turner,that girl was the whole reason Alex is dead and now I want her dead,she stared at me in disgust I looked up at her with the most angry expression I could muster,my heart started racing my thoughts running every which way my heart ached but one thing was clear I wanted her to suffer,

I stood there watching her then she opened her stupid mouth "What are you looking at,girl boy?" she spat out, I hated when she called me that ever since day one she always used to pick on me and Alex.

"Well say something,freak." she spoke again, "I want you dead Turner!" I shouted a crowd started to gather around us I didn't care who was watching she was going to pay now or never.

I slapped her across the face turning her pale skin red she looked at me in utter shock and then lunged at me tackling me to the ground pulling my hair I quickly take control getting up on my feet pushing her into a locker puching her repeatedly her nose was bleeding and her face started to bruise she pulled a knife from nowhere and cut me in the face not deep but enough to make me let go of her, we both step back my hand moving towards my cheek blood stained my fingers this time it was my own I manage to pin her to the ground, by now I hear chants coming from the crowd "Atlas! Atlas! Atlas!" everyone chanted in unison a tall tan skinned boy came and pried me off of Rebecca tears where flowing from her eyes and blood trailing from her nose and mouth I screamed at her " This isn't over,bitch I will kill you,you just wait!" The tall boy drags me into an empty room and takes out a frist aid kit, I question him" You could have let me kill her you know." he walks over to me with the frist aid kit "I know but I want her dead too,I can't let you have all the fun now can I?" he chuckled.

"I'm Silas by the way." he stated " I'm Atlas,why are you helping me." I asked
he sighed and told me " I hate her as much as you do plus you could have gotten seriously hurt she already cut you in the face what was stopping her from stabbing you."  he took some bandages and an alcohol wipe from the frist aid kit.

"this is going to sting." he  informed me, I nodded as he cleaned my face wound I winced at the touch of the wipe "I'm almost done." he reassured me once he was done he covered the cut on my face while he did this I noticed that he had the most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen.

They were a light brown his eyes where focused on my wound but his eyes were also kind and caring yet there was a sense of anger behind them,once he was done he gave me a reassuring smile as he packed up the frist aid kit and threw away the dirty wipes and packaging. we sat there and chatted for a while
he was from New York, his parents had enrolled him here at eden academy because his grades where slipping,he was a year older than me and didn't have many friends in school but he had a few outside of school. we soon left the room and went our separate ways.

I sat in my dorm then it hit me Alex is gone I make my way to my bathroom and turn on the shower i takemy bloody sweatshirt off and get into the shower today's problems and worries wash off my body ad my body relaxes from the warm water.

I get out of the shower and put on my usual pj's,tank top and basketball shorts. I lay in bed checking my phone only to see a video of me beating the daylights out of rebecca, i sighed and went to bed.

I thought about today what could I have done to save her? what if I ran a little faster? if I had stayed with her could she still be here in the bed across from me?

My vision became blurry as tears began to flow, my breath was heavy as I began to sob "It's my fault isn't it?" I sob harder my thoughts raced as I became to weak to continue crying I soon fell asleep.

------------------------------------------
So this is the end of chapter 1 I hope you guys enjoyed,this is my frist ever book on wattpad updates will be regular or irregular from time to time let me know if you guys like the story so far ♡

thx for reading

1251 words