chapter 14 - First for everything

Aurora Pov

There's a first for everything,That's what my dad always says and today is the first day of Highschool for me and my sister,I'm in charge of giving her her lunch money and making sure she doesn't have a meltdown.

I got myself  dressed in the outfit I picked out last night,I got up rather early but I could hear the faint sound of my Dad's rock music in the gym.

I packed my bag and went down stairs to make breakfast.

"Hey Rory you're up early." I heard my mom say behind me and I look behind me and smile.

"Yep,I wanna get a good headstart on my day." I beamed.

Cody dragged herself downstairs,Her hair was all over the place and her clothes had food stains on them.

"Morning or whatever." Cody yawned.

"Good moring sunshine." Mom said and Cody waved her off lazily.

"What do you want for breakfast codes?" I questioned.

"Gimme a waffle or something,I really don't give a damn just no triggers." Cody said with a mug on her face.

"Language." Mom said and Cody waved her off.

"Well Rory you look ready for today,Cody I want you ready by 7 Alright?" Mom said and Cody nodded.

"Mom." Miles said from the top of the stairs and we turned our attention to him Miles is our younger brother

He walked down stairs and Mom patted him on the head

"Rory would you go get your father out of his gym please?" mom requested and I nodded and walked upstairs.

I knocked on the door and he emerged out of the room.

"Hey kiddo what did you need?" He questioned with a broad smile on his face.

"Mom wants you down stairs." I say and he nods and follows me downstairs.

"Hey Atlas." Dad says while kissing mom on the head and  Cody fake gags.

"Quit it codes,you'll find someone you love someday." I swoon.

"No thanks,I'm fine where I am right now." She said before getting up and going upstairs.

"Well,I have to get ready,I have a big meeting today." mom said while handing miles to dad.

"So Rory thinking of trying out for the track team this year?" Dad questioned and I shrugged.

"I don't know,Maybe." I say and Dad hums.

"What Dad? you only hum when you wanna say something." I sigh.

"I know that you can get on the team you're really fast,And you're very disciplined." Dad said proudly.

"I guess." I mumbled to myself.

"Atta girl,Also uncle Felix is picking you guys up,so look out for a very loud jeep." Dad sighed, and I nodded.

[skip to school drop off]

"Cody,remember you have to meet with the counselor after lunch and get your lunch money from your sister." Mom reminded Cody who just nodded in response.

"And Rory,please remember give Cody her headphones." Dad said and I nodded.

We got out of the car and walked into the entrance of the Highschool,I handed Cody her headphones and she waltzed right in with her hands in her pockets. 

I noticed Cody was fidgeting with the stress ball that she always keeps in her pocket incase she's nervous.

I caught up with her and looked at her reassuringly.