Chapter 11- Be Brave

Two years later

Atlas pov

Aurora and Cody are starting Pre school today and Aurora has been hiding in her room the entire morning.

I had gotten Cody all dressed and ready in her little overalls and Silas was giving her breakfast but Aurora wouldn't come down stairs.

I went up to her room and knocked on her door.

"Rory baby,you need to come out of your room and get ready it's your frist day of pre school." I say trying to open the door that was locked.

"I dwon't wanna!" Aurora shouted from the other side of the door.

"Come on Rory your sister is waiting downstairs." I sigh and Aurora opens the door and hugs me.

"Mama I'm swcared." she whimpered holding me tighter.

"It's ok to be scared Rory but you gotta be brave and be with your sister." I said picking up the girl and hugging her tightly.

"Otay I'll twry." Aurora sniffled hugging me tighter.

"Now let's get you dressed." I say walking into her bedroom.

She picked out her unicorn shirt and a pink pair of shorts and I helped her get dressed.

We got downstairs and eventually got them in the car.

"You ok girls?" Silas asks the two girl in the back.

They both nod and we drove to the day care.

"Now Cody, remember it's ok to walk on your tip toes alright don't let anyone tell you otherwise." Silas reassured Cody while was looking off to the side.

Aurora was waiting for Cody to walk with her inside.

Cody only nodded and walked in with her sister.

Silas and I both had the day off so we decided to surprise the girls with a treat when we picked them up.

"Have you realized that Cody doesn't look people in the eyes?" Silas questions as we walked into the toy store.

"Yea she walks on her tiptoes too and only talks when she knows people." I ponder

"Maybe she's just a shy kid." Silas says shrugging.

"Maybe." I say brushing it off as a common behavior.

we picked up toys for the girls and we went home to go clean the house by the time we had finished it was time to pick up the girls.

when we picked up the girls Aurora looked angry and Cody was crying.

I could tell Silas was livid.

"What happened Cody,why are you crying?" I ask the crying girl in front of me.

"A boy called me a freak b-b-because I walked on my-my t-t-tiptoes and t-that I didn't play with the other kids." Cody cried.

"Aurora did you see this happen?" Silas questioned the angry girl.

"Yea and I punched the kid and I got a time out." Rory huffed.

"Alright girls, daddy's gonna handle it ok?" Silas reassured the girls and was ready to storm the pre school .

"Babe don't do anything dumb." I say holding his hand.

"I won't." He said with a smile trying to hide his anger.

I let him go and he walked into the Pre school and was in there for about 20 minutes  before coming back out with a broad smile.

He got in the car and buckled himself in before starting the car.