chapter 15- A Meltdown

Atlas pov

I had Finally gotten out of the house along with Aurora to go dress shopping for Alex's wedding in a few weeks.

Cody was glued to her phone,Headphones on as usual.

Aurora told me all about her first week at school,How she and Mateo are in a few of the same classes.

I tried asking Cody about her Art class and how it was going at school but she just stared at me then back to her phone.

We finally arrived to the dress shop and Aurora was able to find a few cute dresses that she liked,Cody on the other hand didn't like anything I picked out for her.

She's always been like this,she dispises anything frilly or pink.

"Cody just try it on,It's 100% cotton." I say trying to get her to loosen up.

"Why? I have clothes at home." She retorted and I sighed.

"Because it's a special occasion Cody,It'll be fun to dress up every once in while." Aurora explained and the gears turned in Cody's head.

"Then can I wear a suit?" Cody questioned and I smiled.

"Sure,We'll get that done for you Cody,Let's just finish up with your sister." I say and she nods.

She went back to texting on her phone,I didn't know that she knew people well enough to text them.

While I was helping Aurora with a dress I questioned her.

"Who is Cody texting? did she make a friend?" I questioned.

"I don't know if I would say friend but she got put in a group project for art and I think she's texting her group." Rory explained and I nodded.

"Hey Cody,Get a few dresses for your sister?" I pleaded and she grimaced at me.

"Go,please." I smile and she gets up and walks around the store.

She came back 15 minutes later with nothing in hand.

"Cody,come on nothing?" I groaned and she shrugged.

I saw her bouncing her leg up and down,and her eyes were darting across the room.

"Cody,Earth to Cody." I said trying to get her attention and she didn't look me in my eyes.

"Cody,are you okay? What's wrong?" I questioned her and she shook her head.

"Can you type it out to me?" I question her and she nods and starts typing on her phone before handing it to me.

*It's too bright,too many colors.*

I nodded and I gave Aurora my card and took Cody to the car to calm down.

"Cody,You're alright,Just Take a deep breath." I said trying to calm her down.

She rocked back and forth with her knees up to her chest.

She groaned while scratching her arms,I held her hands in mine,tears flowing from her eyes.

"Hey hey,I've got you,Breathe." I reassure Cody as she starts to calm down.

"Take a deep breath,Drink some water and relax alright?" I question her and she nods.

"Now,I'm going to grab your sister and be right back,Stay put,You hungry?" I questioned her and she nodded.

"Text me what you want,We can go home if you want,how does that sound?" I asked and Cody shook her head.

She typed on her phone then handed it to me.