5 | Surprise Visit

"You know you really made me hate myself, had to stop before I break myself."

~ Omar Apollo, Evergreen

Loud banging from her front door had Sophie nearly flying out of bed

Loud banging from her front door had Sophie nearly flying out of bed. She groaned and rolled to her side to check the time. 7:00 am. Whoever it was must have something really important to disturb her sleep.

She threw on a robe, shoved her dresser she used to barricade herself in her room with aside, marched down the stairs, and yanked the door open with a huff. To her surprise, no one was there. Who ding dong ditches anymore, especially way out in no man's land where she lives?

Before she could slam the door shut, her gaze dropped to her front porch steps. In a pile was an envelope, a package, another package, and multiple boxes. "What the..." she drawled and crouched beside them to take a closer look. There was no address on any of it, not even her own name and address.

She turned to stand to get a knife to open the boxes, and nearly screamed at the giant man looming in her doorway. With a yelp, she lost her balance, and fell back onto her butt.

In her sleepy and grumpy daze to answer the door, she forgot Cillian was even here. As usual, he just stood there, waiting. Waiting for what? She still wasn't sure.

Not wanting to be vulnerable to him, she clambered to her feet and rushed past the brooding man to get back inside. She quickly ran back upstairs and changed into something more appropriate, a cozy sweatshirt and leggings, and jogged back down the stairs.

When she got back downstairs, Cillian of course was standing in the middle of the living room like he usually did. This time, with the boxes and packages at his feet.

"Oh," she mumbled, surprised he brought them in for her. "Thank you."

She knelt in front of the boxes, trying not to freak out how close they were for now, and focused on the packages. She opened the small package first, her jaw dropping at what she found. "A new iPhone?" She exasperated.

She set that aside and opened the next package. In it was wads and wads of money. "Oh my gosh..." she drawled, like she couldn't believe her eyes. There had to be hundreds of thousands of dollars in here.

It dawned on her then, this was all from ol' General Hoppers.

She tore open the envelope next and her stomach dropped. It was a copy of the contract she signed. When she first signed it, she didn't have the time, nor the right head space to read it. She had no idea everything she agreed to. Too scared to read it now, she set it aside.

Lastly, she opened the big boxes. In it, tons and tons of frozen raw meat. Not normal grocery store meat, but deer legs, chicken feet, cow ribs, and more.

Incredulously, she blinked at Cillian. "I'm gonna need to buy a bigger freezer."

Last night she briefly skimmed through the booklet and learned raw meat was very important to a lycanthrope's diet. While they can eat other food, meat needs to be prioritized in their diet.