2 | Lycanthrope

"I lose control when you're not next to me. I'm falling apart right in front of you, can't you see?"

~ Teddy Swims, Lose Control

Sophie flinched awake and frantically looked around the room

Sophie flinched awake and frantically looked around the room. She fully expected to be on the floor at work or possibly kidnapped and locked away in a basement forever. What she didn't expect was to wake up in her own bed, at home.

She struggled to take a few deep breaths, her nose stuffy and body coated in a light sweat. Her body ached all over and though she was sweating, goosebumps littered all along her legs and arms. She had to have a fever.

With tired eyes, she searched the room, praying she didn't find anyone looking back at her. After some time, she convinced herself to crawl out of bed and search the house.

The upstairs was completely clear, no sign of anyone being there or anything stolen. Just as she was about to convince herself she had some crazy fever dream, she spotted her reflection in the bathroom mirror.

On the side of her neck was the bite.

She frantically reeled backwards and hit the wall, knocking a picture frame off of it, making her scream. Immediately she slammed her hands over her mouth. If the bite was real, the person that bit her was too. If she passed out at work, that meant someone brought her here, which meant that someone could still be in her house.

With no phone to call for help, she hurried to her closet and armed herself a broom. From there she quietly made her way down the stairs. She cursed as they creaked and groaned under her weight, but she kept on.

Her heart sank the moment she rounded the corner. Causally sitting on her living room couch were three men. One was dressed in an US army general uniform, everyone of his gray hairs in the perfect place. The second man was also in an army uniform, but the army combat kind, telling her he wasn't as high of a rank. Unfortunately for her, the third person was the man (or creature) that attacked her last night. He was the only one standing. He didn't move a muscle or hardly even blink. He stood tall with his gaze glued to his shoes.

She fell against the wall behind her, her broom raised. "Absolutely not! Get him out of here!" She screamed.

The general barked out an obnoxious laugh as he stood to his feet. "Put that thing away before you hurt yourself, short ass. We only wanna talk."

Her jaw dropped, but her grip on the handle only tightened. "Watch your freaking mouth. You're in my home, with that... that thing! He attacked me last night! He wanted to kill me!"

The man in the army uniform seemed to be holding back a laugh. Out of the corner of his mouth, he muttered, "more like he wanted to bang you."

"Lieutenant!" The general barked in correction, making the man straighten and apologize.