16 | Dance With Me

"Sweet like candy, but he's such a man."

~ Ariana Grande, Moonlight

Please don't forget to comment and vote!!

Sophie bit her lip to fight back her grin, but no avail. She patted his chest and mumbled, "should we head inside for some hot chocolate?"

Cillian smiled. Hot chocolate would have to wait. "After we bandage you up. You're dripping blood."

She reached up to touch the cut, but again he stopped her before she could, affectionately rolling his eyes. Why was her go-to always touching the injury?

The pair got to their feet and made their way back inside. Halfway there, Sophie slid on some ice, nearly landing flat on her back if it wasn't for Cillian's quick reflexes.

"Thank you." She laughed, plastered against his chest. His arms trailed down her waist, surprising her. She couldn't even ask what he was doing before she was hauled up into his arms. "What are you doing!?" She exclaimed through her laughter, now several feet off the ground.

"You're a danger to yourself." He chuckled in return, carrying her the rest of the way inside.

She affectionately rolled her eyes. "My hero."

He didn't set her down at the door as expected, but skillfully opened the door and kicked it shut with his foot behind him. At their entrance, all eyes turned on them.

"You can put me down now." Embarrassed, she ducked her head as he brought her through the living room to get to the stairs. "Everyone is staring."

"Where you going?" One of the older cousins asked as they passed.

"To take care of my wife." Was Cillian's casual reply.

Some of her family whistled or winked, while some of the kids made gagging sounds. She heard one of them whisper, "those newlyweds," and her stomach dropped. They thought they were going upstairs for something else.

"No, I'm bleeding!" Her voice called, halfway up the stairs now.

"That never stopped me." One of her aunts laughed.

"No, not my period!" She exclaimed, but they were already in their bedroom, out of earshot. "Oh my gosh."

Gently, he set her down on the bed. "What?"

With her head in her hands to hide her reddening face, she mumbled, "my family thinks we are... y'know..."

He blinked, not letting it go.