26 | The Humans

"This is the end. Hold your breath and count to ten. Feel the earth move and then hear my heart burst again."

~ Skyfall, Adele

Please don't forget to comment, follow, and vote!

"So what exactly are we addressing in this meeting?" Sophie wondered as they stepped outside.

"As far as I know? Everything." Cillian replied, sweeping her hand up in his. "Your safety, what to do about Kendall, what to do about Hoppers, all of it."

Both their paces slowed as Sully stepped out of his home, just as they were passing by. Unfortunately for all three of them, they were all headed to the same place. While everyone had their own homes, there was still a "pack house" of sorts. A common meeting area for the community, which also had separate rooms for meetings and such.

"Good morning, Sully." Sophie tried to be polite and hid her fear behind a smile.

Sully's eyes flickered over to her with a deadpan look. "Is it?" He grumpily conveyed, lazily jogging down his front porch steps. "Hope you don't mind I join you. Our parents asked me to, in case Sophie needs a little more... protecting."

Her gaze dropped, unsettled that she would need more protecting from their own family and pack. That, and the way Sully loomed behind them as they walked. It wasn't far, less than a five minute walk, but with a predator trailing behind, it felt far longer.

Many other lycanthrope carried on with their usual lives within the pack, going to work, jogging, bringing their kids to school, and such. Nearly everyone slowed down to gawk as they passed by Cillian and Sophie. While the pack had been notified there was a human among them, many had still never seen one in person before.

The pack consisted of a few hundred people, meaning the area they lived was small enough for everyone to walk to their destination- which nearly everyone preferred. There were vehicles in case they were needed, but not seen very often.

Not too far from the pack house, an unknown SUV came to a stop just outside the tree line, a several meters from them, the windows too dark to see who it belonged to. Cillian and Sophie came to a stop when Sully did.

Sully became tense, his shoulders squared, claws bared, on high alert. Safe to say, he didn't know who it was. A couple more members of his family just happened to get there, also freezing at the sight of the unknown vehicle. Everyone had the same feeling: something wasn't right.

Cillian took a protective stance in front of Sophie but Sully took it a step further. "Run to the house." Sully told her.

Then the SUV started coming straight for them, full speed. With no time to waste, Cillian swiftly guided Sophie behind Sully and stepped forward in front of everyone else, running at an inhuman speed directly at the SUV.