24 | I Want You

"I surrender who I've been for who you are, for nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart. If I had only felt how it feels to be yours. Well, I would have known what I've been living for all along."

~ Sleeping At Last, Turning Page

Comments have been pretty low recently and they're really what keep me going! So if you enjoyed the chapter, please let me know!! This one is one of my favorites :) 🩷

Sophie turned to leave when a clawed hand reached out for her face. Ducking just a second too late, the claw nicked just above her eyebrow and the other hand gripped her forearm painfully tight, making Sophie hiss out in pain. Even without the use of her claws, Kendall's grip along would leave a mark. "Listen here, you pathetic waste of space. We will-" the words died in her mouth, her eyes now wide and directed at something behind her.

"Please, don't let me stop you." A deep voice calmly conveyed.

"Cillian..." Kendall drawled and quickly released his human. His father and a couple others backed him. "Alpha Andrew." Her eyes widened in fear, as did the two additional men with her.

Sophie clutched her arm to her chest and Cillian swiftly took a protective stance in front of his mate, separating her from Kendall and the others. His jaw ticked in restrained anger, his brows furrowed, and teeth bared.

He turned his back on Kendall and instead faced his wife. Sophie's breath caught in her throat at the proximity and she flinched when he brought his own hand up. With a touch as light as a feather, he hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face and the evidence of a fight. He delicately swiped his thumb over her temple to wipe away the blood, but said nothing as he examined it.

With his eyes still on his mate and his voice low, quiet, and tense, his anger barely restrained, he ordered over his shoulder, "Finish what you were going to say, Kendall."

"I-It's just a misunderstanding, Cillian." Kendall pathetically dodged the order, her voice trembling nearly as much as her body was now.

A glare shot over his broad shoulder was all she got in return. Even still, he didn't get a further response from her. Instead, he returned his gaze to Sophie. "Tell me what she said to you."

Sophie's eyes widened, his hand now feeling heavy on her face. "U-Um- I..." her trembling voice died off.

Without taking his eyes off his mate, he said to his father, "will you handle them? My mate and I have things to discuss."

Andrew patted his son's shoulder as he and the others passed by the couple, gesturing for the three guilty lycans to follow. They did as told and were brought them elsewhere for questioning.

That left just Sophie and Cillian.

"Sophia." His deep voice urged in a warning tone.

Her head tilted to pull away from his grasp, but he just held on tighter. She released a shaky breath and kept her gaze downward. "I'm sorry."