34 | Run

"I don't wanna talk about things we've gone through. Though it's hurting me, now it's history."

~ ABBA, The Winner Takes It All

(what I've been doing this whole time to poor Cillian lol)

Blow up this chapter with comments and I'll post the next one early 😉

"Your parents and brother are already under surveillance from other packs in that area. So far, there's been no sightings we need to be concerned about." Sully told Sophie before turning to face Darcy. "Do you have any close relatives we should be concerned about looking out for?"

Darcy shook her head. "No, not really... no boyfriend or husband either." She hinted making him smirk.

"Is that right?" He wondered with a raised brow. Sophie cleared her throat, snapping him back into reality. "I've contacted God knows how many packs and there's only a few that are willing to fight with us. They're too concerned about making themselves known and vulnerable. Still, with the few that agreed to help us, with all of our combined packs, we may outnumber them. Unfortunately they might outgun us."

"So then what's the plan?" Sophie asked with furrowed brows.

He shrugged. "Try to not get shot."

Sophie facepalmed.

"Majority of the packs will be here by tomorrow morning. By then, I'll meet with the alphas, make a game plan, and roll out." He further explained.

"Alpha!" Michael, the beta, jogged into the room, a panicked expression on his face. "I have heat signatures on the north end of our border."

"How many?"

Staring wide eyed at the screen, Michael turned the tablet around, showing him just how many.

Everyone's heart sunk. The plan had been to ambush them, not the other way around.

"The other packs aren't even here yet." Sophie gasped, meaning they were now severely outnumbered. On top of that, Lycanthropes owned guns and knifes, but not tanks and bombs.

"Get everyone on that now," he ordered to his Beta, before turning to face his sister in-law. "I'm splitting you, Cillian, and Darcy up. They're going to want all three of you, especially you and Cillian. It will be harder for them to find you if you're not together. Find a room at the hospital and lock yourselves in it. It's the most secure. I'm sending several of my men with you to ensure it stays that way."