17 | Wrapped in Red

"This Christmas, I'm gonna risk it all. This Christmas, I'm not afraid to fall. So I'm at your door with nothing more than words I've never said. In all this white, you'll see me like you've never seen me yet. Wrapped in red."

~ Kelly Clarkston, Wrapped in Red

Please don't forget to comment and vote!

As he leant foreword her pulse raced. A small lock of hair tumbled in front of her face, resting just in front of her cheek, but with one swift slide of his thumb, it was brushed out of the way.

Time stopped.

He leaned closer and closer until his lips touched her cheek. As his soft lips left the side of her face, the exact spot where they had come into contact burned and tingled. A small grin crept onto her face and her cheeks painted themselves rose red. He pulled away silently, but their eyes locked, having a private conversation of their own.

He moved in again, this time not aiming for her cheek. He paused, testing the waters to see if she'd meet him halfway. Whatever she was willing.

With her head still spinning slightly, she leaned in and stopped, just a breath away. What was she doing? She pulled away and rested her head against his chest as they began to sway once again, his large arms securely around her waist. "Thank you for dancing with me."

He said nothing but squeezed her a little tighter to show he was listening. He didn't see it, but she bit her lip in thought, wondering what in the world just almost happened. Why didn't she let it happen? Would he let it happen? Her arms tightened just a fraction tighter around his waist- something that didn't get unnoticed by him.

With a heavy heart, he covered it up by clearing his throat and changing the subject. "How did you do that?"

She hummed in question, not bothering to lift her head from his chest.

"The mark is gone." He clarified, his breath fanning where it was, sending a shiver down her spine. Up until this point, she had worn turtlenecks to hide it.

"It's not. Just covered with makeup." She reassured him, melting into his embrace.

The song ended, and just like that, they wordlessly made their way back to their seats. As the song had, the night eventually came to an end as well. Hand in hand, they made their way back to her truck. Her hair was now frizzy from how much she ran her hands though it, her dress was covered by his huge coat, and her makeup was slightly smudged. He thought she never looked more beautiful.

He stopped in his tracks he heard a sniffle. "Hey, what's going on?" He asked, softly, noticing the tears form in her pretty gray eyes.

She laughed lightly. "I'm okay." She sniffled, tilting her chin up to give him a watery smile.