11 | Thankful

"You're kinda cute and I would say all of this, but I don't wanna ruin the moment."

~ Lizzy McAlpine, Ceilings

Please don't forget to comment and vote!

It's now officially been one month since Cillian had been dropped off and things were going surprisingly well. He still had night terrors most nights, but Sophie was able to deescalate them now that she knew careful touches seemed to do the trick.

Their walks became a daily thing. They slowly transitioned them from night time into day time over the course of a week. He was a lot more hesitant during the day initially, but slowly settled into it. In fact, he seemed to rather enjoy himself.

He was comfortable enough to sit on the couch without being asked to, ate at the table, and even washed his hair. Thankfully, showers were an everyday thing for him now.

Since he was comfortable in her house now, that meant they'd have to venture further outside her house soon. This had been the longest she's gone without calling her parents or brother. Soon enough, they'd get suspicious on why she was only texting them and not calling. Especially with Christmas around the corner, they'd be expecting to see her. Thanksgiving was touch and go, but they hadn't gone a Christmas without being together her whole life. With it only being about one month away, she had some work to do.

With too much on her mind, Sophie woke up fairly early. She ate a quick breakfast, started prepping for their big thanksgiving dinner, and decided to give her mom a call while Cillian was still asleep upstairs.

While she was at it, she decided to start baking. It always seemed to put her in a better mood. She dug through her binder of recipes until she found one she was in the mood for. She pulled it out and put her phone on the countertop and leaned it up against the wall.

She found her mom's contact and FaceTimed her. She was always an early riser. After a couple rings, her mom's face popped up on the screen. "About time you return your mother's calls!" Angela teased, with a wide smile to match her daughter's.

"Happy thanksgiving to you too." Sophie greeted with a chuckle. "Sorry about that. I've been swamped with all this stuff going on."

"Happy thanksgiving, honey. Works been rough?" Angela asked with an understanding look.

"Umm..." she drawled as she pulled out her container of sugar. "Kinda."

Her mom shot her a knowing look. Of course her mom would already be on her case. "Come on, Sophia. I'm your mom, you can tell me anything."

If only that were true. She sighed and set her mixing bowl on the countertop. "Things have been crazy recently and... it's just been rough. I have to tell you and dad something kinda important. Is he home?"