25 | I Love You

"I had a vision of love and it was all that you've given to me."

~ Mariah Carey, Vision of Love

Since it's Valentine's Day, I think this chapter is very fitting ;) Hope yall enjoy! It's a long one! Please don't forget to comment, follow, and vote!!

There was a small clearing in the back of the house, enough for a back deck, fire pit, and a walkway to the stream, but the rest of the backyard was all trees. Fairy lights strung high up on the trees, along the path to the water.

"Ready to go?" Cillian asked, slipping his boots on.

She peeked up at him, coat, hat, and boots already on. "You sure? It's pretty cold out."

He shrugged, not minding the cold as much as he used to. "As long as you're okay."

She agreed with a grin. "C'mon, let's go out."

Bundled in their coats, hand in hand, they made their way outside towards the stream. It wasn't a fancy date, but it was theirs. Plus, Cillian promised to make her pizza rolls (the only thing he knew how to make) at the end of the night, though his company was more than enough for her.

"You ever heard of cold plunging?" She asked as they walked, the cold air making her breath visible.

"I haven't." He shook his head.

"Well, it's basically plunging yourself self in freezing water." She explained, her gloved hand absentmindedly tracing patterns on the back of his hand.

He laughed and asked, "why would someone want to do that?"

She laughed with him, amused he found it so funny. "I dunno, I guess there's health benefits if you keep up with it. I don't know if I could do it though."

They both came to a stop in front of the water and he turned to face her. "You want to test it out?"

She shook her head with a laugh, thinking he was joking. At his blank blink, she realized he wasn't. "Right now?"

He shrugged. "Why not?"

She looked at him, to the nearly frozen over stream, and back at him. "We don't have bathing suits or anything. What would we wear- what are you doing!?" She panicked as he casually stripped off his coat, followed by his shirt.

"Going cold plunging..." He deadpanned as if it was completely casual and normal. He paused unbuckling his belt to look at her. "You gonna do it with me?"