New Kid

Jisung woke up to his alarm blaring. He opened his eyes and stared at his ceiling just listening to his alarm go off. He rolled over and turned it off pushing his face into his pillow. His body didn't want to move, he felt numb and tired even after getting sleep.
Eventually he managed to drag his body out of the bed and get ready. He couldn't be bothered to clean anything up and just left his bowl of the side and grabbed his stuff then left. He locked the door and walked to school dawdling along the whole time. When he finally made it the school was eerily quiet outside so he checked his watch and realised class had already started. He groaned and quickly sped walked to class. Luckily it was science so the teacher was normally quite relaxed but he hoped they hadn't also made a seating plan.

He opened the door and everyone looked up at him. Within seconds Jisung realised everyone was in new seats. Fantastic!

"Jisung your finally here. May I ask why your late?" Mr Wrongol asked.
"I lost track of time Sir" Jisung apologised.
"That's okay. I'll give you a one off since your never late. Your seat is the 3rd row back next to Felix. He's new so I hope you can show him the school" Mr Wrongol smiled.
Jisung nodded his head and walked over to his new seat and sat down.
He looked next to him too see a blonde freckled boy looking towards him with a bright smile.
"Hi I'm Felix" he gave a little wave.
"Jisung, nice to meet you" he answered back.

After that the two didn't really speak while they were doing equations until Mr Wrongol needed to step out for a moment and talk to another teacher.
Jisung was highlighting a piece of work when he felt a tap on his shoulder.
"Are you okay?" Felix asked.
"Why are you asking me that?" Jisung answered back with another question.
"Well you look down. I don't know how to explain it but when I look I you all I can see is sadness" Felix used hand gesture and pulled a confused face while he spoke which almost made Jisung laugh.
"Just had a bit of a bad day yesterday nothing much" Jisung said.
"Well how about at break you can show me around and help your mood" Felix said nodding with a bright smile.
"I don't know you should probably find someone more talkative" Jisung said thinking Felix would get bored of him anyway just like all his other friends.

"Naur. I think your best for this. Your nice, kind and also the only person I know" Felix looked a little sheepish saying the last part but his heart was definitely there.

When it did hit break Jisung began showing Felix around. He found it quite funny when he would show Felix a room and he would look all amazed at it saying complements like 'it's so cool' or 'is so cute and compact'.
At one point he showed the music room and Felix looked so impressed Jisung couldn't help but let out a small laugh.
"What so funny?" Felix asked confused.
"Sorry. It's just why do you look so amazed at this?" Jisung finally smiled.
"Oh I've been homeschooled so I've never been in this kind of atmosphere. It's cool" Felix nodded.

When the tour of the school ended both the boys were in the lunch area where a few people were sat waiting for the break to end.
The boys sat down and Felix nibbled on a small chocolate bar. They spoke for a while getting to know each other and Jisung found himself enjoying speaking to Felix. When the bell rang he showed Felix to his new classroom.
"Aren't you coming in?" Felix asked.
"No your timetable is different for this lesson. Your in History now but I'm in English down the other end of the corridor" Jisung explained.
"Oh okay" Felix looked slightly annoyed but then his faced changed in an instant.
"See you" Jisung waved goodbye and Felix did the same.

The lesson was boring as ever and ignoring Kim was taking all of Jisung's energy. By the time it ended Jisung bolted before Kim could do anything and went straight to the roof. Luckily he had a yogurt and pack of crisps he had grabbed from the fridge so he didn't need to go into the lunch area.
He slowly began to eat but this time was different to yesterday. Before it was peaceful but now the silence was unbearable. He closed his eyes and tried so hard to keep it in but a tear fell onto his cheek. He would have cried more but he heard the door to the roof open.
His eyes shot open and he rubbed the tear away to see Felix poking his head out.

"Felix?" Jisung said.
"Oh Jisung, hey I saw you going up the stairs and wondered where you were going so I followed you" Felix said and skipped over sitting next to Jisung.
"Shouldn't you be downstairs with some friends from class?" Jisung asked.
"Well I tried but I like you much better than them. Your nicer." Felix said and pulled out a sandwich to eat.
"You don't want to be hanging with me. I don't have any friends and you might get picked on if you hang out with me" Jisung said.
"I don't care. Back during home school I had no friends either. Your good enough for me" Felix nudged Jisung in a joking way.

Jisung smiled and began listening to Felix who began to go on about stories he'd heard and stuff that had happened today. Jisung realised how talkative Felix was and saw how innocent he was about everything. He felt comfortable with him, like he could trust him.

"Your doing it again" Felix suddenly said.
"What?" Jisung asked.
"You zoned out again with that little sad face" Felix said poking his cheek "are you sure your okay".
Jisung looked to see Felix's small worried face. It made him look like a newborn chick.

"Are you sure you want to know?" Jisung asked.
"Yeah I mean it's always better to get it off your chest right and speaking to a friend might help that" Felix put his thumbs up.
"Alright. Well my family has been in debt for a long time and we struggle to pay the mortgage and bills. It's hard but we always get it done. Well until my mum just spent a lot of money we don't have on gambling and now she has left" Jisung sighed.
"Left? You mean she's gone out of town to work?" Felix asked.
"No. Not like that. She..she..ermm..well she ran away and said she will never see me again and gave me all the debt" Jisung again was trying hard to make sure his voice didn't break.

"That's horrendous. How could she do that to you. I'm so sorry" Felix leaned forward and wrapped his arms around Jisung pulling him into a hug.
Jisung's eyes widened as Felix pulled him into a hug. A couple of seconds later Jisung also reached out his hands and wrapped them around Felix engulfing himself in the hug.

They stayed like that until they heard the bell ring.
"Is that the bell?" Felix asked pulling away from the hug.
"Yeah we better get going" Jisung said standing up.
"You go first I'll pack up and then head off. I can get away with it saying I was lost" Felix said ushering Jisung along.
"Okay I'll see you later then" Jisung said.
"Yeah see you later" Felix waved and waited for Jisung to leave the roof.

Moments later Felix pulled out his phone and called someone. He let the phone ring a few times before someone answered.
"Hello" a voice said.
"Don't you hello me. Why does it take you so long to answer?" Felix complained.
"I was making coffee I didn't want to spill boiling water on myself do I? I don't want to look a bad imitation of Freddy Crugar" the voice said.
"Don't be sarcastic with me Seungmin" Felix rolled his eyes.
"I can feel that eye roll through the phone Felix. Anyway why do you call?" Seungmin asked.

"Yknow Jisung" Felix began.
"No...wait is he the son of the woman who owes us loads of money? Did you finally find out where she's hiding" Seungmin asked.
"That's the problem. Jisung's says she took off and didn't even tell him where she was going. The poor kid now has no mother and all the debt she owes to us" Felix said "I feel really bad for him".
"I know you do because your the human embodiment of emotions" Seungmin said.
"Shut it Seungmin. What do we do now?" Felix asked.

"I don't know. I'll ask Chan and we will create a plan from there. But you must know that now this kid will need to pay the debt someway right, we can't help that" Seungmin added.
"Yeah I know. Tell me once you know yeah?" Felix said.
"Will do" Seungmin said.
The call ended and Felix put his phone away, grabbed his bag and ran off the roof and down the stairs to get to class.