Chapter 17: Rebuilding

Y/n's pov

It took around 4 hours (with most of the help from XD) to fully repair the base. Fundy and Wilburs wounds were still healing and I was constantly pestering them to take more breaks. They had been working from sunrise to sunset.

I could tell those two cared about this country the most. At this point, I might actually go through with leaving. They were all so kind, I can't believe that those assholes have been treating them like this! XD was so much help too, he managed to rebuild the wall under a hour, and that was one hell of a hole mind you.

I retreated into the kitchen, the only part of the base left untouched by some miracle. And started making dinner. Not to be some housewife, I just know how to cook.

"Everybody! Foods ready," I called. It took them all under the span of six seconds for them to book it to the table. "Thank god for Y/n, Wilbur would have to be the one cooking tonight- I MEAN.." Tommy shut himself up as Wilbur gave him a look.

"So? What's wrong with my cooking!" He asked. "UHM NOTHING BIG MAN, NOTHING AT ALL!" He replied with a red face. I giggled to myself. Apparently, according to Erit, Tommy and Wilbur were siblings and Fundy was Wilburs child. I wonder who Wilbur is... or possibly was dating. I'll have to ask him later.

I made chicken and potatoes for them all. Somewhat simple but a few herbs made it taste much better in my opinion. "Holy shit Y/n- This is so good!" Tommy grinned from his seat. "Yeah iz swuper Gwood!" Tubbo commented with his mouth full of food. "Haha, Dream must have gotten five star service from you eh?" Fundy laughed as he watched the others eat.

I went dead silent. Dream, George, Sappy...

I feel like a asshole...

They all noticed my mood darken and Tubbo elbowed Fundy hard in the side, missing his wound. "Uhm, I'm going to go wash the dishes," I excused myself and scurried to the kitchen. I walked out the side door and stood outside the base, looking at the sunset.

I remembered how me and Dream would watch the stars, how me and Sappy would tease each other, how me and George would talk about life. I wonder how they were. I know Dream and Sappy were the most upset. Sappy never let me leave his sights for too long-

Well what did I know.

Sappy was inside of one of the trees on the boarder of the woods, probably spying on me. I dug through my pocket and found a shrunken, another one of my specialty weapons. I threw it and it stuck on the branch he was perched on, near his leg. My way of saying "your not stealthy moron."

He knew his defeat and jumped down from the tree and walked over to me. "I honestly knew you were going to come at some point." I gave a sad smile. "Well, you of all people know me best." He said. He gave me a sudden hug, and I realized how hard this was going to be. Sappy, being a massive pyromanic was always was alone. Save for me, we were almost never separated.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled as I hugged him back, burying my face into his shirt. "You did what you thought was best, can't say i'm a fan of it but you were the smartest in this field out of us all." He gave a small laugh as he held me tight.

It took me a second to make the calculations that anybody could come out looking for me and see me and Sap. I pushed away from the hug "Shit- you gotta hide! People could come out any second."

He nodded and took my hand. We darted into the woods and right after we were out of sight, we sat down on a fallen tree.

"Sap, I know you're not only here to check up on me, were you spying for Dream?" I asked, looking at him as seriously as I could. I was silent for a moment before sighing, "Dream wanted to make sure you were going to be ok there. He still has your contract of loyalty, he thinks that you were bluffing." Oh shoot, my contract... He saw my face, the consequences of breaking a contract of loyalty isn't good, that's for sure.

"Hey, it's going to be ok. There's no way Dream is going to kill you, trust me, nobody's gonna let it slide-" "You know Dream, Sap. You know that he has devoted his life to leading the SMP. If he gave up that position just to keep me alive than he would be giving up his life's work." I sighed, looking to the ground. He gave a sad look, knowing I wasn't wrong.

"You should probably head back, I'm sure the others are looking for you." He said, hopping off the tree. "Yeah, good idea.." I murmured as I heard Wilbur calling my name. And with that, Sappy was gone. I ran back to where the base was to see Wilbur outside, looking for me. The second he saw me, he walked over to where I was, he had a concerned look on his face.

"Y/n, where the heck did you go?" He asked, a look of concern in his eyes. "It's fine, I just needed to cool off." I gave a smile, he didn't look convinced but let me go. I know this from Dream, Wilbur can detect a lie just as well as a real lie detector. Nothing got by him, but I was a good liar, it's how I've survived for the past 10 years, save with a few certain people who owe me a favor or two...

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

XD looked upon her with eyes of concern. He knew he probably should have been the one to comfort her but I don't think that would have been a good idea. Especially since he had heard everything her and her pyromaniac brother had talked about, he knew about her contract. Her life was at risk, it angered him. Why does she constantly insist on staying in the overworld, she could just ask him to leave but instead she stays with Dream, with Tommy, but not with him. He was all you would ever need! He could give you anything you want, he wanted you now more than ever. But he knew he couldn't win your heart with force, he would have to ease his way into winning you. It was a long, frustrating process. But he had all the time in the world, and if it came down to force, he knew you would fall for him. You were going to be his life's mission. You were going to be his, no matter what you wanted. He was going to make you the happiest girl in the world.

1172 words.