Sonic Heroes Chapter Ten

Team Rose was definitely wide awake after being confronted by that nightmare.

"You guys again?" Eggman groaned as he descended in a hovering machine from nowhere and floated in front of them all.

"Him again," boomed Big.

"Bedtime, kiddies! Now to tuck you in..."

"We found Eggman, Amy..." Cream squeaked. "Now where's Mr. Sonic?"

Amy slightly panicked, glancing around as if Sonic would pop out at any given moment. "Ah...ah..."

"Oh, how cute," Eggman bellowed, flying a little higher than before. "You think your little hero is going to come...well, you're wrong!"

He dramatically pointed forward, causing several of his robot minions to rush forward.

"GET THEM!"

"I think you've underestimated our power!" Amy declared, pulling out her hammer and running into the fray.

"Dr. Eggman, please don't interrupt us," Cream begged, standing off to the side as Amy caused several cases of robot demolition.

"Stay out of our way!" Big boomed as he smashed his fists into the nearest clunker.

Amy and Big alternated attacking robots, since they were encircled around the group. Big would toss Cream at one with his fishing rod while Amy would take the next one in line by surprise and smash it to pieces. Eggman watched in unexpected surprise as Team Rose took down his robots so mercilessly- perhaps he had underestimated them?

Another round of robots was put on the table, and as Amy and Big attacked them, Cream trotted over to the doctor and gave him a questioning look.

"Why are you here, Dr. Eggman? What do you want with us?"

Eggman let out a low chuckle, descending his ride so he could be face to face with her.

"I didn't want anything from you, but now that you have claimed the Chaos Emerald I was after, I have a reason to attack you!"

"We'll never let you have it!" she retorted angrily, clenching her fists. Eggman scoffed in laughter once again, taking aim at Cream. Cream yelped and flew over the projectiles, quickly flying back over to Amy and Big. Amy and Big were back to back, spinning around and destroying the creations with their weapons.

"Just how many of these are there?" Amy complained, grunting as she shattered another one.

"There's no end to them!" exclaimed Cream wearily.

Big was in a fierce duel with a much bigger robot, only to be knocked over and surrounded by nine of the same kind. His ears drooped as his enthusiasm quickly disappeared. "There's too many of them!"

"Hmph, not too bad, I must say," Eggman interrupted, telling his robots to halt for the moment. They continued to surround Team Rose, forcing Amy, Cream, and Big to back up into each other. "But if you really want the madness to stop, just hand me the Chaos Emerald, and my grudge against you babies will be waivered!"

"You'll have to pry it from me if you want it!" Amy barked, standing her ground.

Cream gasped upon hearing her friend's words. "Amy, what are you-"

She felt something bump against her wrist. Glancing down, she noticed Amy was trying to hand her the Chaos Emerald. Holding in another almost uncontrollable gasp, she swiped the emerald from Amy just as Eggman swooped down and grabbed the hedgehog by the opposite arm.

"You propose a decent challenge, girl...and I'll have to take you up on that offer!"

"Amy!" Cream and Big shouted, running towards the doctor. Eggman whirled to face them, stopping them in their tracks.