t w e n t y - f i v e

He led me, not aggressively, to the front of the line, passed everyone. Without hesitation, the bouncer opened up the door for him.

"Mr Bang, lovely to see you again. And who's this beautiful lady you have with you tonight?"

I wondered how many girls that bouncer had said that about. How many girls had he brought to this place, to the front of the line and gotten drunk with? I knew it was a lot. Who cares.

"This is my girlfriend, Yoon Mina."

The bouncer look absolutely shocked to hear that. He ended up shaking my hand, somewhat aggressively, and saying how lovely it was to meet me.

After the odd interaction, we headed inside. The place was packed and I already was getting a headache from the thumping music. I Ignored it, following Chan to the bar.

"What do you want?" He asked me.

I hardly ever drank, in fact it had been years since I last had so I didn't really know what I liked. I decided I should go with something expensive, since he was paying, "A whisky."

He looked surprised. "If that's what you want. Stay here, they'll serve me pretty quickly."

The bar was completely swamped but people seemed to be happy to move aside for him. I didn't get much time for myself, however, because a familiar voice called out my name.

"Mina?" Sang-hoon, the security guard from work, called from behind me, I spun on my heels to see him.

Oh God. He's going to see me here...with Chan. I mean, I guess that he would have found out no matter what.

"Hi," Was all I could think to say to him.

I didn't want him to see me with Chan because I didn't know what he would assume about us. He probably wouldn't think that we were really in a proper, official relationship - I mean, we weren't, but I wanted people to think we were. He would think that I was only dating him because he was rich and handsome.

"I never imagined that you would hang out in a place like this." He gave me a big smile, making him look incredibly cute. "Can I get you a drink?"

With the most perfect timing ever, Chan showed up at this exact moment and handed me my drink. It took a lot of strength for me to not just run away from this while situation.

Sang-hoon's eyes widened in horror at the sight of him. His mouth fell open and he went to speak but couldn't seem to choke out a single word. Chan was the first to speak.

"Sang-hoon, isn't it?"

Sang-hoon turned shy. "It is, Sir."

"Your friends with Mina?"

I looked up at him and tried to figure out how he was feeling. His voice had sounded almost annoyed, but why?

"We talk sometimes in the morning. I don't know if we'd be quite classified as friends. I just thought it would be polite to say hello."

"Nothing wrong with that," Chan said, with a smile. He reached into his shirt jacket, pulling out his wallet and then handing Sang-hoon money with a bright smile. Sang-hoon accepted it but looked a little confused. "Your night out is on me. Have fun, Sang-hoon."

Chan took my hand in his and led me away from Sang-hoon. I felt bad for him. He was genuinely a really nice guy and, if this whole thing with Chan wasn't happening, I think I would be interested in him.

Chan got us our own booth and, once we were seated, I noticed how annoyed he really was. Tonight will be fun, I thought to myself, sighing heavily and taking a big swig of my whisky.

"You look annoyed," I remarked, having to speak pretty loudly as to be heard over the blaring music in the background.

He didn't look at me. He kept his eyes firmly down towards his glass. The stare he was giving it could kill and when he spoke to answer, his voice was laced strongly with annoyance. "I'm not."

I sighed at him. "So you just have resting bitch-face then?"

His dark eyes met mine now, staring directly through me with a burning anger trapped in them. A couple weeks ago, I would have looked away in fear and tried to escape the room. His eye contact always scared me. Now, things felt different. Our relationship has changed from what it previously had been in the past. I met his eyes, still feeling a little spike in my heart beat, but felt this odd confidence.

I noticed that he was tapping his fingers against our table rhythmically, something I usually caught him doing when he was trying to calm down. At least he was trying to calm down.

"What do you think about that man?" He asked me, taking me a little off guard

I was aware that a lot of this anger was coming from me talking to Sang-hoon, however, I didn't expect him to straight up ask me about him. I assumed that he would just stay mad and silent about it.

"What man?" I decided to play dumb with him, hoping it would make him not worry about it.

"Sang-hoon. The security guard."

is chan jealous? 👀