t h i r t y - o n e

The rest of the drive was spent in complete, deafening silence. Not that I minded it though, I was still fuming with Chan and I think if he tried to speak to me, I'd just snap at him.

Right now, my heart felt like it was crumbling and shattering in my chest, and I couldn't even cry like I wanted to. I didn't want to cry in front of Chan, to let him know he had gotten to me so much felt so humiliating but, on top of that, I had to look good for the restaurant.

Chan had told me that even if things didn't work out, if he didn't end up marrying me, he would make sure me and Kunwoo were safe but now I wasn't sure I could trust his word. I needed to make sure that his parents continued to like me.

Suddenly, the car came to a halt which pulled me from my thoughts. Chan let out a loud sigh, rubbing his temples with his fingers.

"Yoon, please don't fight me when we get out this-"

"Don't call me Yoon," I told him sternly, which seemed to take him completely off guard. I had to fight the smile that threatened to spread across my face at seeing that shoco. "I'm a good actress, I told you that. I'll play my part. You don't need to remind me."

I felt the tension in the car boil even more now. I knew that he wanted to say something back to me, desperate to have the last word but he managed not to. Instead, he got out of the car and I followed his league.

A young boy ran to us almost immediately to take the car keys and park it for Chan. Chan took my hand. For a moment, I had the thought that I should pull away but, of course, I couldn't. There wasn't any paparazzi, which surprised me.

"There's no paparazzi here. How will people know we're out together?"

Chan started leading me towards the entrance. "My parents are going to phone in an anonymous message part way through our meal. That way, it looks like we don't want to be seen."

The man standing in the entrance looked like the exact stereotype of a posh french waiter, it almost made me laugh. He seemed to recognise Chan.

"Hello, Mr Bang. Who is this beautiful young lady?"

"This is Yoon Mina, my girlfriend."

The man looked a bit taken aback. I wondered how many women Chan had taken here before. The man gave me a warm smile when he finally got over his shock.

"It's lovely to meet you, Ma'am. You're looking absolutely beautiful."

"Thank you," I said quietly, suddenly feeling intense anxiety rush around inside me.

My stomach churned and the world seemed to spin a little but I managed to not show it. The man then lead us off to our table, which was right in the middle of the restaurant.

This place was absolutely beautiful and would probably be very romantic if you were actually in a serious, loving relationship. I could also tell that it would be immensely expensive, only for the highest in society of which, I guess, I was now apart of.

Chan immediately took his seat which shocked the man, I guess he was used to men pulling out the chair for their dates. The man ended up doing it.

"A waiter will be with you two very shortly to take your order. As for now, here is tonights menu and our wine list."

Chan said a polite thank you, then picked up the wine list before even glancing at the food menu. He didn't say a single word to me as he looked through the menu. I kept my eyes firmly on him, watching as he bit his lip and scrunched his eyebrows together, seemingly unhappy at the wine list.