t w e n t y - s i x

I took a big sip of my whisky and kept my eyes low for a second as I thought over this situation more before I answered. I was confused about why he cared so much but came to a conclusion about it pretty quickly.

My first thought was that perhaps he liked me more than he let on he did. If he did like me romantically, then it would make sense that he didn't like me talking to Sang-hoon. If not, why would he care? At the beginning, he said that he was fine with me seeing other men so why suddenly was he annoyed at me just talking to one?

That thought, however, didn't seem right to me. He didn't seem to like me in general, never mind romantically. As I thought about it more, fully considering his personality, I came to a conclusion which was slightly less nice.

He told me that he was completely fine with me seeing other men because he genuinely doesn't like me romantically. However, he's had a change of heart because he doesn't like sharing. Not even sharing something he doesn't even want in the first place.

"I like him a lot," I blurted out.

It wasn't a lie, I really did like Sang-hoon. He was always so nice to me and, If Chan wasn't in the picture, I'd probably be interested in Sang-hoon. In fact, I probably should be interested in Sang-hoon. He was a lot nicer to me than Chan was.

Chan stopped tapping his fingers now, leaning back into the seat and keeping a look which I couldn't read. He was annoying me. I knew for a fact he would cheat on me with a million girls but I say hello to one guy, he gets pissed at me.

Chan spoke again, sounding suddenly casual as if he didn't care. "That's nice. I saw the way he looked at you."

I rose an eyebrow at him. "The way he looked at me?"

"Don't play dumb, Yoon. It's obvious that he likes you."

Back to calling me Yoon. Great.

I sighed and finished off my drink. It had been a very long time since I had drank alcohol but right now it felt like I needed it. I didn't know what to make of what he had just said. I had never noticed Sang-hoon look at me any differently than anyone else nor had I considered that he may like me.

If he did, would I act on it? I mean, Chan said that he would see other girls and that he would be fine with me seeing other men. So there was no reason that I shouldn't...but still I didn't want to. I just want Chan.

You're an idiot Mina, I told myself.

Sang-hoon was a great option for dating and now that I finally had my life back, I should want to experience things I previously had been unable to. The truth weighed on me heavily. I liked Chan too much...I can't see myself with anyone else.

"You said I could date other men. Would you mind if I dated Sang-hoon?"

I wanted to much for him to say no, to maybe even confess that part of him wanted to make it work out with me. Of course, that didn't happen.

"I couldn't care less. Do whatever you want."

My chest suddenly tightened, making it feel as if I couldn't breathe. My entire mood was deflated by this point in the night. As much as I had been trying to deny it to myself, guys like Chan just didn't like girls like me. I got up off the seat, which made Chan looked panicked.

"Where are you going? Did I upset you when I said-"

"Oh get over yourself!" I said, giggling slightly. Sitting down, I hadn't noticed the impact of the alcohol but the moment I stood up the world began to spin a little. "I'm getting up to dance."

"You dance?"

"Not well but yes, I dance."

"I've got to see this," he said, getting this cute little smile. "Yoon Mina dancing."

"Said who you're invited to dance with me?"

He got up out of his seat too, moving very close to me. God I can smell his cologne...why does it have to smell so good!

"Would a drink get me an invite?"

I pretended to think for a moment and then nodded my head. While he went off to get the drink, I headed over to the dance floor which was absolutely packed.

My heart beat instantly went crazy. I felt so confident around Chan that I forgot that I'm awful around most people. At first I awkwardly stood there, looking at them all dancing and considered just returning to my seat.

I then thought about how long it had been since I had the chance to have proper fun. My entire life had been dictated by Byung-chul and looking after Kunwoo, I never got the chance to have much fun.

Years had passed where all my old friends would invite me places, places like this but I always had to say no. Enjoy yourself Mina. Ignore everyone else and just focus on you.

I awkwardly joined the crowd, instantly being shoved about, pulled closer into the crowd until it began to suffocate me. Turns out that ignoring everyone else was easier said than done.

I jumped slightly when I felt a hand on my waist, ready to fight whatever creep it was but quickly realised it was Chan. He looked concerned, over the blaring music I heard him yell.

"Are you okay?"

I just nodded and accepted my drink off him, instantly taking a large gulp of it down. With Chan here, I instantly felt calmer.

I began to dance to the music, trying to completely ignore my surroundings and just have fun. I looked to Chan, seeing he wasn't dancing but just watching me.

He got this smile across his face. The smile was warm and wide, like he had forgotten his dickhead persona. He mouthed 'wow', to me. I looked down and away from him, trying to hide my blush as I kept dancing.

After a moment he started dancing too. He actually had a good flow to his dancing, as if he had practice of it. I guess he goes to clubs often, so he dances a lot.

Suddenly I felt his hands on my waist again and, in my panic, I looked up and met his eyes. Big mistake...oh God, his eyes. They were so deep and beautiful but also so dangerous and dark. All the air felt like it had been knocked from my lungs.

I didn't seem to be alone in my panic either, his eyes softened upon meeting mine and there was suddenly a rigidness to him as if he was afraid suddenly.

He tried saying something to me but it was completely covered by the music and I hadn't managed to read his lips. I had this voice in my head yelling for me to kiss him.

Never before had I felt such an attraction towards someone. My entire body screamed for his touch, more than just a hand on my waist, for his lips on mine.

His other hand was suddenly on my waist. I wished that I wasn't so tipsy so I could think straight. Everyone that was around us seemed to just melt away until it was just us, us and the blaring music. I wanted to say something to him but there's no way he would hear it.

His eyes looked so soft, so caring and, for this moment, so filled with raw emotion. I've never noticed how amazing his eyes are.

Slowly, he moved closer and closer to me, so now that we were pressed together. I could feel his breath against my skin, the smell of his cologne.

My knees felt so weak, like I was about to collapse so I held onto him tightly. One of his arms was laced around me, helping hold me up while the other one was suddenly brushing some of the hair out of my face. Oh God...It felt like years that we stood here, so close, staring into one anothers eyes.

Then, his lips were on mine.

HELLO BEAUTIFULS.
I'm buzzing they kissed! I didn't want them to kiss too early into the story, I want it to be more realistic. I reallly hope you all enjoyed it!

Also just a giant thank you to everyone who commented and voted on the last chapter, you were all SO sweet it meant a lot💗💗