Bitter

Etho

"Absolutely not Etho" Bdubs shook his head, "I forbid it".

"But-" Grian tried, "we need to have as much attack force as possible".

"I don't care if you and Pearl do it, but asking Etho to bring back his Watcher?" Bdubs stared in disbelief, "don't you realise how dangerous that is?"

"Of course I do" Grian said impatiently, "but we don't have much of a choice".

"There's only two of them and a whole server of us" Bdubs snorted, "we'll be fine".

"You know that isn't true" Grian shot back, "anyway it's Etho's decision".

Myself, who had been silent throughout all of this widened my eyes as the two expectant faces turned towards me. I winced, I really didn't like the pressure I'd been put under.

"Etho?" Bdubs looked at me questioningly, "please say no".

"Please say yes" Grian replied, "we need as much help as possible, you're much more useful as a Watcher".

"I- uh" I stammered. I didn't know what to do. On one hand I'd be a lot more powerful and useful as a Watcher, but on the other I was more at risk of falling prey to them if I did choose to. Plus I wasn't sure how Bdubs would take it. My... boyfriend? Partner? Friend? Had a hard enough time looking at me as it was.

"Etho do not do it. It's too much of a risk" Bdubs pleaded, "I don't want a repeat of before".

"You can't use your trauma to stop him from doing something he needs to" Grian spat, "this is important, I need him".

"My trauma?" Bdubs looked incredulous, "do you have any idea what I went through?"

"As a matter of fact I do" Grian said dryly, "and I don't go around whining and complaing about how scared I am of the one person who trusted you".

They sounded so much like them. Trying to convince me to do things I wasn't ready for. I drew in a deep breath.

"How dare you!" Bdubs looked like he was about to explode, "I'm not whi-"

"Bdubs just leave it" I sighed before turning to Grian, "can I think about it?"

"Of course" Grian nodded, "just be quick about it".

"Etho?" Bdubs looked shocked, "I said no!"

"And I said leave it" I grabbed Bdub's wrist tightly, "let's just go". Trying to ignore the hurt in Bdub's eyes, I pulled him away from Grian. The pair of us walked away in silence.

"Bdubs..." I eventually broke the silence, "I'm really sorry about that".

"No I'm sorry" Bdubs murmured, "Grian is right, it's your choice and I shouldn't pressure you".

"It's okay, you have every right to be worried" I smiled.

"What are you going to do?" Bdubs turned to face me, "I won't like it, but if you do go through with it, I'll support you".

"I really don't know" I confessed, "I really want to be useful but at the same time I'm terrified".

"I know this sounds cringe but follow your heart" Bdubs told me, "only you know what's best for you".

"Is it alright of we split up for a bit?" I suggested, "I need to think".

"Of course" Bdubs nodded, "I think thats a good idea". Bdubs suddenly pulled me towards him. Pulling down my mask briefly, he pecked me lightly on the lips before pulling away.