XI: Past meets Present

XI: Past Meets Present

Third POV

As planned, Izuku whisked little Shimizu over to his neighbor, Mrs.Suzumura until he returned for the pup at 5:30 pm sharp.

It wasn't easy, he hadn't ever been away from Shimizu since he gave birth to her so it was obvious that there were tears on both ends.

But still, Izuku had to get to work and provide for both of them.

He arrived to work at 7:00 AM, and was greeted by Ms.Kayama who was albeit in a cranky mood because the official launch was at 8 and some people and things weren't where they should've been.

"Izuku, I need you to fix your pin then head to the back room and pull out the champagne and flutes." She snapped as he nodded and made his way back.

He fixed himself up in the mirror that was set up in hallway were the back rooms were located, just past the fitting area.

The led border lights that surround the mirror made his eyes sparkle.

He looked down to his feet; the heels he wore really were the finishing touch as his coworkers gave him compliments on them.

He gently slapped his face once he'd realized he'd gotten off track, quickly scrambling to go get the drink and glasses.

Out to the front of the store, he placed the silver tray of champagne flutes next to the signature desert that the original 'Persephone in:' creator insisted be recognized with their brand.

Vanilla Macarons.

"Places people, places!" Ms. Kayama instructed, as Izuku and the other staff gathered in the shape of a V at the front of the store, with Kayama being in the absolute front.

She looked towards the giant perfume bottle that had the countdown still on it, as it counted down from 10 seconds.

By the time it hit one, the glass doors opened up and one by one people who clearly had more than just a. Penny to spend entered the store.

Izuku had never seen this much wealthy people aside from that day in the strip.

Immediately he rushed to his spot, and handed out the designated champagne, allowing the guests to feel like they really were in a high end store.

After handing out champagne, he stood aside and out of the way, allowing guests to come buy or simply wave him over if they had an inquired or wanted something from a top shelf.

Perhaps it was his past demons that were yanking on his thoughts, but this job seemed so boring and conundrum.

Each guest that talked to him all had the same stuck up and snooty attitude, far worse than the last.

He had to contain his yawn, maintaining a subtle smile on his lips.

Or he was maintaining a smile.

His gaze accidentally averting from the designer bag side of the store to the front, watching two people he was almost positive he saw near Katsuki that day at the beach.