XV: No Fear

XV: No Fear

Third POV

Kaminari sat on the couch, going back and forth while texting Ashido and Yaoyorozu about his current dilemma.

This morning when he woke up, Katsuki seemingly was distant and said he had a bunch of all day meetings for future investments so Kaminari shouldn't bother to wait up for him.

He couldn't shake the feeling though.

Legs crossed and in his favorite satin robe with white wine in hand.

He should've a been at peace but he simply wasn't.

Yaoyorozu told him to try and just relax and to trust Katsuki but Ashido thought it was suspicious how he immediately tried to deny things and that's why he was so he distant to move along.

Either way, Kaminari had no doubts that this Izuku Midoriya person was involved.

He tried social media but he didn't have one.

He tried doing a regular google search but nothing either.

For someone that potentially had garnered Katsuki's attention, he sure led a boring lifestyle.

What was the connection anyways.?

That old friends thing sounded like a phony excuse.

"I wonder..." he sighed, leaning against the backrest and taking another sip of wine.

• • • Meanwhile • • •

Izuku was wiped.

On his 15 minute break, he didn't eat but he cried and spent the remain five trying to control himself and make it look like his eyes weren't puffy and red.

All he wanted to do now after work was to hold and kiss Shimizu until they both fell asleep.

When he arrived, he parked just behind an oddly fancy car.

Fancier for this apartment complex anyways.

But he couldn't be bothered to check, he was far too tired.

He first headed to Mrs.Suzumura's apartment to come get Shimizu, but as he knocked and the woman answered, his face drained of color.

"...What?" He whispered, struggling to ensure he wasn't just hearing things.

"Shimizu's father came to get her?"

Mrs.Suzumura nodded, her wrinkles more distressed as her face pinched up at the sight of Izuku, "After first I was worried but I figured he might be because he and Shimizu had somewhat similar scents though his was lighter on her."

"He even pointed to your apartment unit and said he lived there so I assumed he wasn't lying. Oh dear."

Izuku shook his head no, swallowing briskly before telling her not to worry and it's fine as he looked up and saw a light from one of the small windows near the front.

He said goodbye to her and immediately trudged home, ready to give Katsuki a piece of his mind.

Did this man seriously not understand boundaries?