XVII: Heartless

XVII: Heartless

Third POV

Placing Shimizu into her play pen, Katsuki and Izuku remained in the bedroom, merely letting the hyperactive one year old enjoy herself.

Meanwhile, Katsuki himself was left to his own devices, as he ran his hand along one of the faint stretch marks on Izuku's stomach area while laying on the omega's lap, asking question about his pup.

"What's her favorite color?"

"She likes them all, but seems drawn to orange."

"Favorite food?"

"Anything chocolate or spicy."

"Weird thing I should know."

"Tickle her left ear and she makes a confused face that looks exactly like yours."

Katsuki furrowed his brows, looking up at Izuku who nudged his head towards the child who was unsuspecting.

He ticked her ear, immediately smacked his hand was slapped away and her brows dipped.

She wasn't laughing.

She just gave him a look that was odd for a one-year-old; a look that screamed, 'who do you think you are touching me?'

Katsuki let out a laugh, tickling her stomach as she instantly started up with her laughs and giggles.

The two of them smiled tenderly at her, when a question popped into Izuku's mind,

"I didn't know how long id get to see you if I left so I wanted to make the absolute most of it." He answered calmly, lifting his hand and cupping izuku soft freckled cheek.

"I wasn't lying to you when I said I missed you."

Izuku felt himself get inwardly hot, knowing that someone who could have called any omega at whim missed him and him alone.

"I'm sorry for everything, Izuku." Katsuki whispered, "I shouldn't have gone when I did."

Izuku stroked the man's hair, relishing in how soft it was just like Shimizu's was.

"It's fine." Izuku hummed, releasing a soothing scent, not being able to help himself but he pressed a kiss to Katsuki's forehead, "Honestly, I was more embarrassed with myself."

"I called you so many times, and the fear of death overcame me and I didn't know why."

He then dryly chuckled, "Maybe it was my own death that I was being warned of."

Katsuki tapped his thigh, his face curling to a frown.

"Don't think like that." He started, "We all die, but so long as what you want, your dreams are achieved you can't go out thinking like that."

"You'll never be at peace with yourself."

He sat upright and pulled Izuku forward to his warm body, the both of them taking perfect view of Shimizu who was distracted.