6: A Strange Meeting With All The Rulers

soooo idk what i was thinking with the decimals for chapter five, but we are stepping away from that now. chapter 6 time baby!! enjoy lol

Soon after they landed back in Mezalea, they parted ways in the palace, so Joel could get ready. 

Lizzie was looking at herself in the mirror. She looks fine, right? She's sure she'll make an alright impression on the rulers. Okay, not sure. She.. hopes? She drew her attention to her unusual pink hair. Joel's hair was brown, and Jimmy's hair was like a dirty blonde, and Joey's was light brown. But hers was bright pink. What did the rulers think of that? Before she lost her memory, she means. Did they find it weird, or did they like it? Well, Scott had blue hair, so maybe it wouldn't be that bad. Maybe some of the other rulers had brightly colored hair.

But the color in her hair wasn't the only thing she was self conscious about. Her hair had somehow turned extremely messy since she had gotten ready in the morning. The wind probably messed it up when she flew. 

Next, her outfit. It looked fine, right? It was just a casual and blue sundress. It was long and flowy, with thin straps. Joel said that some tailors had made it for her and that it "brought out her eyes". 

She brushed her hair, and decided to put it up in a high ponytail, because it got frizzy after she brushed it.

Afterwards, she sat on her bed, because Joel said he'd get her when they were ready. She still had about an hour and a half, because even though Scott said everyone was getting to the meeting early, Joel didn't feel like doing that. And honestly, neither did Lizzie. She felt like it would just be awkward. 

She barely sat on her bed for two whole minutes before she sat up and decided that she needed to find something to do while she waited. There wasn't really anything in her room, just some random decorations. There was a bookshelf with books, but they were mainly about a bunch of the empires pasts and origins, which Lizzie didn't feel like reading. 

Then she remembered that there was a library nearby her room. She did like reading. Uh, she thought she did. Lizzie got up from her bed, making her way to the door. She exited the room, and looked at her surroundings. Her room was at the end of a hallway that spilt into two hallways, if that makes sense, and she didn't know which way to go. Left, or right? 

Well, Jimmy always said: Right is always right.

Wait, Jimmy never said that? Or, she never remembered him saying that. Except, she did? Ugh, that thought was giving her a migraine. She decided to go right though, because the faint memory of Jimmy saying that was enough to make her go that way-- for some reason. She had a sense of trust in him, a sense of familiarity. Similar to the feeling she had with Joel, but.. different?

So, she went right. The first door she saw was after two minutes of walking, for some reason. She wasn't sure why it was so separated from her room. She knocked, to be polite, and an unknown voice yelped, and then said, quieter, "Uh, who is it?" They asked, opening the door a crack.

"Que- Uh, Lizzie?" They said, surprised when they saw Lizzie. Lizzie was confused, because when she first came to Mezalea, someone had made a similar slip up. 

"Um, sorry, do you know where the library is?" She asked. The person calmed down. "Yeah, the nearest one is about five doors down, on the left." They said, insinuating that there was multiple libraries, which was pretty inane to Lizzie.

"O-Okay, thank you!" Lizzie said, and the person said goodbye and shut the door. Lizzie walked away, counting the doors she passed.

Soon enough, she reached a pair of double doors. Five doors down, and to the left, just as the person had said. She pulled them open, and the room she was greeted with was so much larger and grander than she had expected.