7: A Strange Meeting With All The Rulers 2

heyyyy guys! you know how i said i was done with the decimal stuff?? well, technically i am.. but now we got a part 2 to the last chapter sooo yeah. (maybe just an excuse bc i cant think of a title..) enjoy and such!!

Somehow Gem knew her way perfectly through the palace, and led Lizzie on a short walk through a small corridor that eventually led outside and into a garden. It was a long garden, probably for the purpose of walking through it, with rows of different types of flowers all across.

"So, I'm Gem. Ruler of the Crystal Cliffs." She introduced herself as she looked to Lizzie.

"I'm Lizzie." She paused, but then realized what she said. "But you knew that already. Ugh, I'm terrible." She facepalmed, and Gem chuckled. "It's fine, don't worry."

"Joel told me about you. You're a wizard? That's so cool." Lizzie said, continuing the conversation.

"Yeah, I have my own wizarding school." Gem said. "What?! That's awesome!" Lizzie gasped.

"It is," Gem agreed with a chuckle. "You studied there for a while, actually." She said, and Lizzie gasped again. "Are you serious?!"

"Yeah!" Gem answered, matching Lizzie's enthusiasm. "Was I a good wizard?" Lizzie asked, and Gem looked off, reminiscing. "Yes...?" The latter replied, saying it in more of a question as her voice went up at the end. "You were a good wizard, but reallyy chaotic." 

"Oh. It's kind of crazy to hear how I was before anything. I sound like I was cool." Lizzie said, lightly brushing her hands across the low and colorful flowers around her. 

"Yeah, you were." Gem agreed with a light chuckle and a soft smile. Lizzie suddenly looked over to her, intrigued. "Can you tell me about me, well, before..?- Because Joel won't tell me anything, he freezes up when I ask him and changes the topic!" She asked, rushing out the last part.

Gem looked surprised for a moment, by her sudden query, but then relaxed. "Yeah, of course! And for Joel.. that does sound like him. Avoiding his problems and such," She said, and now Lizzie was confused.

"Avoiding his problems?" She repeated in a question like manor, tilting her head slightly. 

Suddenly Gem was nervous, and trying to the form words to explain. "Well.. you guys were just close back then. It seems in character for him to not want to talk about it." She explained, and for once Lizzie believed the things someone was saying about her past. Everyone else was bad at explaining and terrible liars, but Gem was the exact opposite, and Lizzie appreciated that.

"Oh, okay." Lizzie responded.

"So.. past you," Gem started, trying to think of words to describe her. "You were a really good friend. Trustworthy, and genuine." She said, and Lizzie smiled as she thought about her past self.

"You were funny, too. You always made everyone laugh. Like when Xornoth came and things seemed to be at an all time low, you made this joke at a meeting, and we all laughed for like, ten minutes straight." Gem mentioned with a small smile as she remembered the moment. "You were pretty intimidating, too. A lot of people feared you." She added, and Lizzie was a little surprised at this.

"I was? How did people fear someone like me?" Lizzie asked, because all this time she was under the influence that she was just a lowly townsperson. 

"It was just the way you acted. You made some threats and were scary when you wanted to be," Gem answered, and Lizzie's eyebrows raised in surprise. "What?! Did I threat the rulers, or something?!" 

"Uh, yeah.." Gem said. "It was really funny though, they would get terrified of you." 

"How were the rulers scared of me?! Wouldn't I have been punished??!" Lizzie said, concern growing.