Chapter 2-Step 1: Make Him Notice You

I promise to make this a little long. Enjoy! ;)

**

"Your dare will be.." Erza looked around while I drank my water. "to follow my nine commands." I spat out my water in surprise.

"Erza! That's so not fair! Nine commands? You only won once, but you musn't make me do nine."

"A dare is a dare. Besides, there's no rule like that." she smirked, clearly enjoying my expression. I huffed and rolled my eyes at her. "So, you game?" I nodded. I can't do anything about it, anyways. "First, drag that guy in glasses here." I looked at where she pointed to and saw a guy with raven hair.

"You mean, Gray Fullbuster?"

She smiled at me. "Yeah. And that's not really your first dare. Actually, scratch what I said earlier. You're gonna have only eight dares." I heaved a sigh of relief after Erza let go of those words. "But.." I felt my heart skip a beat as she said the word that I dreaded to hear, giving me a smug look. "Expect that I'm gonna give you harder dares." I huffed then turned to walk towards Gray Fullbuster.

I grasped his hands, making him gasp in surprise, "H-hey. Where do you think are you taking me to?" I ignored him and came to a stop once we reached Erza's place. I flashed Erza a bored look.

"Now what?" I asked.

"Uhmm, never mind. Let go of him already."

I gave her an annoyed look, "Stop messing with me!" I then turned to Gray. "Sorry. You may now go." He slowly backed away. Soon, he was now out of sight.

"Juvia," I raised an eyebrow at her in a questioning manner. "there's another dare for you—a real one." I nodded and waited for her to continue what she's saying. "Step 1: Make Him Notice You." My eyebrows became knitted. Step 1? "Just make him notice you! Simple as that!"

"That's it?" I asked skeptically. She nodded. "Wow. What a hard dare." I remarked sarcastically. In reply, she just gave me a smug look. I rolled my eyes, scheming on how I can make Gray Fullbuster notice me. Her smug look is making me incredulous, but at the same time giving me the chills. You never know, she might be planning something evil right now.

I went to the library to do some random researching. "How to make a guy notice you.." I murmured to no one in particular. I was reading a pile of books to help me in my first dare. "Flirt? Twirl a strand of your hair in your fingers, smile at him seductively, and raise an eyebrow at him?" I read quietly. What the heck. I'm never gonna do that thing. Ever. I threw the book a few inches away from me, annoyed that I can't find a nice piece of information.

As I read through all the books, I found nothing. Everything says the same. Flirt. I'm sick of this. Nothing in here is useful.

Suddenly, a light bulb appeared in my head. "Aha!" I shouted that made the librarian kick me out of the library. Never mind that. At least I can now do the first dare.

Why didn't I thought of that earlier? Oh, never mind. I'm such a genius!

**

"Heyya!" I clung to Gray's arms tightly like some kind of slug. He flinched at my sudden move, removing my arms. He took off his eyeglasses, scowling at me.

"You should stop scaring people like that." He remarked, giving me a deep frown.

"I didn't scared 'ya, did I?" I asked, forehead creased. He huffed like the answer was obvious, staring at me coldly. What's with this guy? He's not that handsome. Besides, this is just a dare. But anyways, I shouldn't tell him 'bout that, or else Erza will kill me.

"I'm not that scary! Look, I have this beautiful face that no one can resist!" I retorted, not liking where this is going. Hah. Isn't he scared of me? I practiced Martial Arts. Every Martial Arts. One kick and then he'll be knocked out in an instant. Remembering Erza, I restrained myself from doing so.

He stared at me in a disapprovingly manner. "Stop being overconfident, miss. I don't even know you. Why did you cling unto my arms, anyway? You're a clingy girl, for someone I don't even know." I faced him, ready to retort back, but stopped when I saw his face. I was mesmerized. Okay, I take back what I have said earlier. He's handsome, all right. I never thought this was his face up close, with no eyeglasses—

"Get a room, you two!" somebody shouted from nowhere, pertaining to us. OMG. I didn't notice that our noses were touching already. I can feel his breath!

"And quit staring at me." I stopped admiring his face when I heard his voice. "Admit it. I'm handsome up close with no eyeglasses, right?" Wow. Look who's talking, yammering I'm overconfident blah-blah.

I bit my lip, annoyed, "How rude of you. Yeah, yeah. I admit that you're handsome and all, but your personality is so not my type. I don't wanna get in the Student Council's office for beating you up into a pulp, so don't make me, 'cause I promise, you're never gonna like it." For once, I thought all the nerds were quiet and friendly, but I never thought I was totally wrong.

"I'm so scared." he scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Like that'll make me run away with my tail between my legs. Good luck, if you can, but I'm sorry. I learned every Martial Arts. It was for my safety, and now I could probably test my skills on a girl, right here, right now." he bragged, emphasizing the phrase 'on a girl.'

I cocked an eyebrow at him. "Psh. I learned it too, a long time ago. This'll make things even more interesting, isn't it? I could test my skills too, on a boy, right here, right now." I smirked, crossing my arms.

He raised his chin, "Are you challenging me?"

"Oh, sure I am. Why? Wanna back away?"

"Never gonna do that. I ain't holding back just because you're a girl, so don't go complaining to me if ever you had broken bones or whatsoever. I'm not gonna bring you to the clinic, even if you say 'please' a million times."

"Me? Say please? Hello? The world will end before that happens." I snickered, arms flailing for him to get my point. "Tsk. You wish."

"I'm gonna make you beg for mercy." He said, flashing me an evil grin which almost caught me off guard. He looks so cute when he grins like that! What?! No! What am I thinking? Stop it, Juvia, you idiot. Focus.

"Just give me everything you've got." I challenged, smirking.

Suddenly, I noticed that we were crowded by several students. Their eyes were all filled with anticipation. I smirked. "Looks like we've got audience. This'll be fun." I gushed, chuckling. Gray (I feel weird just mentioning his name) just had a blank face.

"Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!" the students chanted. (A/N: why did I remember the minions all of a sudden?) I felt pressure all of a sudden, but just shrugged it off.

Gray and I went onto a fighting stance, circling around the area. We were giving out deadly aura. Before Gray could even land a fist on me, someone spoke, breaking through the battle that was suppose to start.

"Time's up." I twisted my head to the ones who spoke and saw Erza clapping her hands and smiling at me, like I won in some kind of contest. "Congratulations, you accomplished step 1."