Chapter 3-Step 2: Be His Friend...?!

"Time's up! Congratulations, you accomplished step 1." Slightly bewildered, I turned to Erza. I thought nobody musn't know about this? Then if that's what she said, why is she doing the other way around? And mostly, why does she have to stop me just when the event's becoming pretty anticipating?

The people were scowling, because they thought the fight was over. Apparently, they were expecting a pretty good fight in here. Too bad though, because as I had said, Erza had to break in.

All the students went back to their business. I almost completely forgot about Gray, and so I turned to him. He wasn't looking happy at all. I guess, just like me, he's a bit annoyed that the fight must be postponed. Also, he was looking a little bit confused as to what was going on. I had no right to explain though. Erza might kill me.

"What's going on here? What's with the step 1: accomplished thingy?" He asked after some time.

Erza shrugged, as if nothing really mattered. "You've done enough. Maybe you even went a little overboard. Anyways, let's get going." she yanked me away from Gray, some part of me disappointed that I won't prove myself to him. But mostly, I was washed over with relief. At least I wouldn't be with him anymore, and that my first dare is now over.

But I shouldn't be celebrating so soon. I have seven dares left. Though my first dare was easy, who knows? It might get a lot harder as time pass by, just like Erza had informed.

"Be ready. Tomorrow, I'm gonna let you do the second dare." Erza said as we went outside the room. It was already Dismissal Time. I peered over at her, mentally asking on what my second dare would be. She smirked. "You'll never know until tomorrow. You just have to wait." I rolled my eyes. No need to get me curious and all. It's annoying. Besides, it's not like I'm not gonna do the dare or anything. I'm true to my word, and I never back out once I let go of a promise, even if I regret it. Well, I don't know if it's a promise, but still.

"Yeah, yeah. Just make sure I'm not gonna get into trouble with that dare." I murmured, pulling out my phone and checking out the time.

"I assure you you're not gonna get into trouble. Oh. One more thing. You have to accomplish a dare before the day ends. If it's necessary, I'm gonna tell you if your dare will be for days, weeks, or even months. I'm not that cruel to make it several years." She winked, while I had this irritated expression plastered on my face. She better not make fun of me.

I cleared my throat, "Anyway, I'm gonna have to go. I'd have to prepare dinner with mom once I get home."

She nodded, and after that we separated ways.

I had this silly grin on my face once I got home. "Tadaima!!"

"Okaeri!" I saw mom wearing her apron. Dad was on the couch, slouching as he read the newspaper. I flashed them a heart-warming smile, hugging and kissing their cheeks.

“How’s school?” mom inquired, preparing the plates. I quickly went to her side, helping her with the soup. She thanked me and quirked an inquisitive eyebrow at me.

“Uhm, school was, well, fun.” I replied, not really sure. Yeah, fun, really fun. With Erza giving me super embarassing and hard dares, my day was not bad. Note the sarcasm. I even met Gray Fullbuster who’s a handsome nerd – no, scratch that. He’s an overconfident nerd.

“Oh, really?” she smirked knowingly. She knew I had a bad day just from my tone of voice. She shook her head, amusement in her face.

“Juvia, have you been doing well with your studies and behavior?” This time, Dad was the one who asked. Studies? I’m doing great. But about my behavior? Definitely not. But how should I tell Dad about this? He knows when I lie. “Well...?” he expectantly pushed when I never answered.