Chapter 4-Dinner Disaster With Fullbuster | Friends

Really sorry for not updating! School’s back and I have to do all of my assignments!

___________________________________

I cannot believe this thing is really happening. I have to be friends with him, as Erza told me. I still can accept that, but the truth (that hurts) that we are neighbors? Nope. Definitely a no-no for me. I’d be punished if I don’t do Erza’s dare, matter-of-factly. I can lie, yes, but she’s been unbelievably my best friend since pre-school and knows when I lie! The unacceptable fact: she’s like father.

“Juvia....” I flinched when mom suddenly cleared her throat, pinched my arm, and glared at me secretly. Those eyes that I call ‘The Eyes’. What did I do wrong now? Or rather, what must I do? Oh. Right. How stupid of me.

“Good afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Fullbuster. A very pleasant day, isn’t it? To meet such handsome and beautiful people at this time around.” I got a good point there, because they laughed and told me that I was kidding. They didn’t know that I meant it. I mean, it’s true. They’re too beautiful and handsome! No wonder their son is, too. Okay. Never mind what I said.

“Ohoho! You lovely and beautiful girl! Come on, Locksers and Gray, let’s have dinner at our house.” ‘What!? No way!’ was what I wanted to answer, but I was disciplined enough not to decline their offer. “But first things first. Let Gray and Juvia change from their uniforms! You want them to change together, Mizu?!” she clasped her hands in excitement, facing mom like a child waiting for a gift. Wow. They’re like best buddies already, and they just arrived yesterday. And no. She’s not serious, is she? There’s no way that’s gonna happen! Me, changing with him? Worst idea ever!

I looked at dad and flashed him ‘the puppy eyes’. Guess he got the signal because he cleared his throat, “Not. They’re still teenagers. And I do not trust this boy very much.” he gave Gray a sharp look. I can tell he’s not really trusting this guy at all. Which made me happy, by the way. They cannot be buddies. The joy!

Mom pouted but then sighed, “You’re right, honey. But I know that Gray is not that kind of person. Don’t you agree, Gray-san?” As a reply, Gray smiled and nodded. Hey, to be honest, that’s the most bright and beautiful smile I have ever seen in my whole life. Oh no no no no. Don’t be carried away by his smile, Juvia.

Gray’s father laughed. I think his name was Silver. “I was just kidding, okay? No need to be mad, Mr. Lockser. Let them change first before you have dinner at our house.”

Dad just nodded, and our moms helped us change. I really like my outfit: a blue shirt, sweat pants, and sneakers. It was a boyish outfit, yes, but mom doesn’t like it. Be lady-like? Hah. Not in my vocabulary.

“Juvia, at least wear a dress or something. You never wear my birthday gift for you last year. It’s expensive, you know? Try wearing it, just this once!” she pouted, giving me a sad face. I shook my head.

“Okay. If you’ll wear it tonight, then I’ll buy you a Crab Soup, plus extra allowance.”

And so you know what happened. I really love Crab Soup, actually. And extra allowance? Who would not want that? Of course I’m gonna agree with her condition. Even if I really don’t wanna wear a dress, I still wore one. I tied my hair up in a messy ponytail and instead of wearing sneakers, I was now wearing sandals.

"Juvia! We'll be waiting for you at the Fullbuster's house!!" Mom shouted as I put my cellphone in my bag.

"Okay!" I answered.

"Lock the door before you leave, okay? Make sure all the appliances are turned off."

I walked downstairs, and did what my mom told me to. I locked the gate and as I turned around, I almost lose my balance. "Gray? What are you doing here?"