Chapter 10-Step 5: Kiss Him!?

The tranquility slowly became an awkward peace.

“Here’s your order, Ma’am, Sir.” A waitress placed our order on our table and broke the silence.

“Thank you.” I politely mumbled as I reached for the fork.

He held my hand making me look at him. “Too excited to eat, eh?” I pulled back my hand. He’s up to something. “Since you’re my girlfriend and all, why don’t you feed me? I’ll do the same with you.”

I turned red at what he said. “You and I aren’t a baby anymore.”

“Let’s make a baby then!” I whacked him at what he had suggested.

“You are not funny.” I said as I frowned at him.

He flashed me his puppy eyes, and my eyes softened. “Please?”

“You are not going to trick me.” I tried to maintain a stern façade, though my voice cracked in the end. He continued giving me his ridiculous puppy eyes. “Stop it.” He leaned closer, making me blush.

“Juvia Lockser, please feed me.” His grin made my heart melt. I hope I didn’t lost to Erza. “If you don’t...”

“If I don’t?”

“I’ll kiss you.” I quickly held the spoon, got a spoonful of my ice cream, and shoved it in his mouth which was opened widely. “Rm. Gis ish good.” He nodded, letting the ice cream melt in his mouth. “Let’s come back here after some time.” He suggested as he smiled at me.

I rolled my eyes. “Just don’t ever tell me to feed—” He put something in my mouth. “Gummy bear?” I asked, realizing that it tasted sweet.

“Delicious?” He queried and I nodded. Wait. I just realized something. If he did like Lucy, why is he treating me like this? I don’t know but it’s making me feel tingly all over. “Something wrong?” I shook my head at him, still wondering about everything.

Just then, I received a text.

°°

From: Erza the Brat

Step 5: Kiss Him

Note: You have all the hours this day for you to kiss him. One more thing– tell me everything that had happened on your date, okay? I’ll know when you’re lying. :D

°°

Erza Scarlet... ugh.

**

“Where are you going to take me?”

Gray smiled as he drove. “Somewhere down the road.” I rolled my eyes. “I’m sure you’ll love it.” Really, huh? I couldn’t help but feel curious and flattered. He’s too sweet to do this. But why? I mean, he can do this to Lucy, too.

I remembered something.

~❄Flashback❄~

“Let me know something about you.” I nudged Gray’s shoulder. “You know a lot about me already, so let me know yours.”

“I don’t really have anything to tell you. My life’s normal as it is, and you’re my girlfriend. That’s what matters.” I blushed, thinking that he really liked to be mysterious.

“Your life is not normal. Your heart got broken once, remember?” His eyes darkened and he kept quiet. “Tell me all about Lucy.”

He sighed. “Fine. Lucy was my crush ever since elementary. She was so childish and graceful back then. Ugh. Let’s skip that part. Now, she has her boyfriend. His name is Natsu Dragneel.” He mumbled the last part with remorse.

❄End of Flashback❄

Now, he doesn’t look like he’s bothered. He was actually all smiles. Has he moved on? I know this relationship was only caused by a dare by Erza, but things are happening so suddenly. It’s making me wonder if he likes somebody now.

“And—hey. Are you even listening to me?” He snapped me out of the thoughts that were pulling me out from reality.

“Oh. I wasn’t listening. Sorry. Were you telling me something important? What is it?”

“Never mind. We have arrived.” He stopped as I gasped. A water land! I have never been to this place! So exciting!

I looked up at Gray, my eyes sparkling. “Thank you!” I yelled, crashing him with my hug. “You’re the best boyfriend ever.” I whispered. We realized what I said and we both blushed. “I-I mean... okay, yeah, you are.” I jumped when he pinched my cheeks.

“You’re the best girlfriend, too.” My blush deepened and I looked away. I can’t believe we’re too cheesy today. “Come on.” He said, smiling as he held my hand.

**

“Uh, that slide?” I asked with a blank expression.

He frowned. “Why? Don’t you like it?”

“No. I love it! Come on!” I grinned as I pulled him to the love slide.

“Wait, you’d have to act as a couple, Ma’am, Sir.” A guy wearing summer shorts reminded. Couple? “That’s the reason it’s called love slide.” He added. I fidgeted around. But I don’t want things to be awkward in that ride!

“It couldn’t be helped.” Gray murmured. “Come on.” He grinned, and my heart melted for the nth time.

“Yes. Like that.” The man said as Gray and I sat. He hugged me from behind.

“Isn’t this position a bit... dangerous for a girl like me?” I queried. Gray shook his head.

“I’ll protect you. I’ll never let anything harm you.”

The slide was long, and I just screamed when I saw the height of the slide. I felt like we were in clouds already.

“Grip.” Gray demanded, holding out his arm. I held it tightly, almost afraid to let go. I calmed down after awhile until we landed on water.

“Gah.” I breathed out. Someone splashed me water. “You wanna fight?” I smirked. I was good at this, since I love water.

“Bring it on.” He grinned and we started playing with the water.

**

“Feed me again?” Gray gave me his puppy eyes. Because I hated it, I shoved the food in his mouth. “Thanks.” He uttered with his mouth full of food. I gasped when he started feeding me too.

After eating dinner, we walked around the beach. Then I remembered Erza’s text. I’m shy to ask him to kiss me. It’ll be my first kiss too. I want it to be memorable. But Erza’s dare... maybe I could lie to her? Oh. Bad idea. She knows when I lie.

Gray nudged me and pointed to my face. “You’re like that since earlier. Care to share?”

“Uh, no. I was thinking about my assignments.” I lied casually.

“Juvia, enjoy. Tomorrow we’ll have classes, so don’t think about that for now.” I nodded.

I looked up at the sky. So many stars. The moon was in its full moon phase. Is it time?

I glanced at Gray who was looking up as well. I sighed. I can’t do this.

“Look, fireworks.” He pointed out, and I smiled. Colorful lights filled the sky, and the silence disappeared. It was a wonderful sight indeed. “Juvia.” Gray called out. When I looked at him, I noticed that we were an inch apart. I wanted to look away but then I couldn’t muster up the courage to do it.

He slowly leaned in and I stopped breathing.

And finally, I felt his soft lips.

____________________________________________________________________

SHORT CHAPTER!! But I hope it made you happy. Merry Christmas!