Chapter 12- Weird Monologue

"Are you serious?" Erza inquired, standing up and slamming her palms on the table with wide eyes, her loud voice startling the students who were eating in the caféteria peacefully. She received a glare from me as she sat down sheepishly. "Sorry. Couldn't believe it. But are you serious?" Her voice went down an octave. I fought the urge to sigh (which I only did whenever I'm sad) and nodded with a straight face.

"That means the dares are over." I told her, smirking. My subconscious self was surprised by my action. The thing is, why was I surprised? Okay, maybe I wasn't feeling well today, not physically speaking, but emotionally speaking. Yesterday, the frown plastered on my face had been contagious. Erza even frowned yet she didn't bother asking. She overreacted when she heard the news from me, apparently.

Erza exhaled as if to calm down herself-you know, from being a ferocious monster and all that. "Let me think about this." Wow, it's like she was in my situation. "Your situation is much worse than my own. Well, mine is not a bad one. Jellal already agreed to take me to a date."

It was now my turn to overreact. "Really!? Oh my gosh, I'm so happy for you. You've confessed!"

The only thing I've received as a reply from her was an evil stare. "FYI, he's the one who confessed. And that's not the issue."

I snorted as I waved my hands dismissively. "Okay, chill. But you're the one who asked him out." The retort made her roll her eyes at me which was a way to tell me yes. What girl does that kind of thing? The guy should be the one to ask her out on a date!

"Get out of here." I mumbled. She shrugged, smiling and saying that at least he agreed. Yeah, right.

Erza suddenly pushed me, and it wasn't a light push, I tell you. "And no, do everything for him to not break up with you. You still haven't answered him, and that's a good thing." Pursing her lips into a thin line, she added. "Do you have his number?" I shook my head and she facepalmed. "What kind of girlfriend are you? My goodness, so you're not texting each other? That guy... he didn't even bother to ask for your number."

"Erza," I started, closing my eyes. "All of this happened when we didn't expect it. Our meeting... it's all because of you and your dares. It's a good thing, don't you know? Your payback is too much for me to handle."

"My point? For you to convince him not to break up with you."

"No. I'm tired of this fake relationship. He doesn't even know that I'm doing this for the sake of my pride. I don't even like him that way. He just agreed to be my boyfriend and all that, but I know he's in love with Lucy. Always has, always will. I don't want to be selfish."

The red head looked at the ground, looking thoughtful for a moment. "Trust me. You have to get him to stay with you."

My eyes widened. "But why? And what excuse will I give him now?" I queried exasperatedly with my hands flying.

"Tell him you'd miss him?"

"No way!"

"Yes way." After showing me a picture of myself who had a piece of pasta stuck in my nose, I gave her a look. "So? You doing it or not?"

"Where did you get that?"

"Your mom. Souvenir, she says." The grin on her face was tempting... tempting me to punch her. "That silence means yes." She then stood up and walked away with a smug look on her face.

I had nothing to do about it. Me not agreeing would be my greatest regret, probably. The memory of me feeling rueful came back and I just let out a frustrated groan. If I hadn't just agreed, my life would be in such an ease. I wouldn't have to worry about this.