three

chapter three ~ missing princess

Philomena traipsed through the halls of Auradon prep with only one thing on her mind. She needed to find Mal.

She knew that the daughter of Malificent was struggling to be the pretty little princess that everyone expected her to be and judging by how stressed she looked this morning Phina knew that she wasn't coping too well.

So, she was on her way to the dorm that Mal and Evie both shared. Philomena was lucky, she didn't have to share a dorm with anyone. Though sometimes it felt lonely she appreciated the peace and quiet her own little room brought her. She hoped to have a roommate one day but she was fine with everything as it was for now.

When she arrived at the double doors of Mals dorm she knocked on the door but to her dismay there was no answer. Should she see if the doors locked? She shrugged and reached to the handle to twist it and to her surprised the door opened.

Was it rude to just walk into someone's room? Probably but she did it anyway. Mal and Evie were her friends so surely they wouldn't mind. Right?

She peeked her head into the dorm and her eyes scanned the room but no one was there. What she did see however was a note on Mals bed.

Oh gods oh gods. She thought the worse. Why would Mal write a note? she silently panicked as her Ballet flats rushed over to Mals bed.

Her dainty fingers picked up the note and she read it quickly. Mal had gone back to the isle? Philomena's breathing quickened. She also saw Bens gold ring that she hadn't noticed before. Philomena felt terrible, Ben was going to be so heartbroken.

She needed to find Evie or Jay or Carlos or Ben or hell anyone would do. Gods she needed to calm down and think properly.

She waited a moment and took a few deep breaths, something her mother had taught her to do hand she used to get herself into an overthinking mess.

Once she knew she was ready she rushed to the door and through the halls of Auradon quickly. Relief flooded her as she saw Evie sitting at a bench sketching something in her notepad. most likely a new dress design.

"Evie!" Philomena shouted to get her attention.

Evie upon hearing her name looked up from her drawings and looked around in slight confusion before she caught sight a a disheveled Philomena. Her slightly curly hair was falling out of her plait and her light blue knee length dress was crumpled slightly from where Phina had held onto it for dear life so that it didn't blow in the wind.

"Hi" Evie smiled "Are you okay?" Evie asked the girl looked far from it.

"it's Mal! Shes gone back to the isle" Phina explained breathlessly.

"what?! we need to tell Ben" she said as she stuffed her drawing pad into her bag and stood up. "you're sure?"

"Yes here" she handed Evie the note "i was looking for her to see if she was okay and i found this note in your room and Bens ring look"

She uncurled her fist and Bens golden ring sat in her palm, a stark contrast to her pale skin.

Evie's eyes scanned the note sadly.

"Okay come on let's go find Ben" and with that the two girls rushed to Bens office where he would most likely be.

Evie knocked on the door of his office and Phina stood right behind her Blue haired friend. They waited a mere few seconds until the kings voice told them to enter the office.

"Evie, Philomena hi" he smiled happy to see the both of them. He stood out if his large brown leather chair and took out his ear piece. "come on in"

Evie walked further into the room whilst Phina closed the office door softly.

"Mal's gone back to the isle" Evie said sadly. There was no easy way to deliver the news that your girlfriend has run off to a terrible place without even saying a goodbye.

Philomena sympathised with mal though, she knew that Mal was struggling here in Auradon and she hoped that Mal would be able to find at least some happiness on the on the isle.

Philomena watched silently as Bens smile disappeared from his face upon hearing Evie's words.

Evie walked to bens desk to give him the note mal had left and Philomena did the same with his ring.

The boy took it from her palm carefully whilst Philomena spoke softly.

"i'm sorry"

He looked at the ring before rushing to unfold and read the note Evie had handed him.

once he had finished reading the note his breathing quickened and he crumpled the small piece of paper up in his palm.

"This is my fault i...i blew it. She's been under so much pressure lately and instead of being all understanding i went all beast on her!"

Phina flinched slightly when Ben slammed his hands on his desk. She's never seen him this angry, she was glad she wasn't in the other end of his anger but she hated to see him angry at himself nonetheless.

She was glad he was realising how badly the pressure was effecting Mal but it was unfortunate she had to run away for him to realise.

He stood up as if he had come to a revelation. "i have to go there and Apologise" he looked at Evie "i have to go there and beg her to come back"

He was determined to do just that.

"Ben you'll never find her! you need to know the isle and how it works and..." she paused as Ben turned to look out of the window.

"You have to take me with you"

Ben turned around quickly to look at Evie

"Yes! uh are- are you sure?"

Everyone knew how much Evie hated the isle and so going back would be one of her worst fears but Evie was determined.

"she's my best friend" The blue haired girl said with small smile. "And we'll bring the boys and you too Philomena if you want? Because safety in numbers and none of us are really... too popular over there right now"

Evie was pacing around the kings office and Philomena was stood frozen. Her? go to the isle? well it sure was the adventure she had been looking for all her life but it was an isle full of villains. Her fathers worst enemy was on that very isle. Gods she could feel herself beginning to hyperventilate again. But Ben needed Mal and Mal needed to come home. She could do it couldn't she? She'd have Evie and Jay and Carlos but was that enough?

Ben thanked Evie who was still pacing but she stopped and turned to look at both Ben and Phina.

"But let's get two things straight. You have to promise me that i won't get stuck there again" she said.

"i promise" Ben replied easily.

Evie returned her gaze to Philomena and then to Ben.

"and you're both not going there looking like that"

Evie's words made Ben and Phina look at each other then down at their outfits. She had a point Phina supposed. They would stick out like a sore thumb if Phina wore her light blue dainty puffy sleeved summer dress and ben wore his tailored suit.

Evie clapped her hands excitedly. She loved a good makeover.