twenty three

Philomena was stressed out of her mind

Philomena was stressed out of her mind. Upon realising their daughter was missing, both Peter and Wendy had each rang her phone multiple times but she had not heard a single one of their calls as she had fallen asleep leaving her phones battery to die over night.

Just before leaving her room to go and meet Harry and whoever else decided to join them she checked her now fully charged phone.

78 missed calls. 102 text messages. An incoming call.

She was on the verge of hyperventilating. She hasn't expected to have to face her parents so soon but she was going to have to answer their calls at some point before they worked their selves up to an early grave. Better sooner than later she supposed.

She calmed herself as best as she could and answered her mothers call.

"Philomena Bell Pan! How dare you run away to that gods forsaken school after we told you not too! You're father and i are very disappointed in you young lady"

"I know but mother-"

"No i don't want to hear your excuses. I expect you to return home immediately"

"I most certainly will not!" Phina cried out in outrage. They couldn't just make her go back! She needed to go to school with her friends not just sit at home all day and read old books.

"Excuse you? You will come home and that is final. If you do not comply then we wish not to speak to you anymore"

Philomena was going to cry.

"Mother why are you being so harsh? There are no villains. Surely you want me to be happy?"

"Philomena your so called friends are villains for gods sake. We have warned you all along so when they inevitably stab you in the back, which they will, don't come crying to me or your father" Wendy said "We love you but if you continue to disobey us we shall have no choice but to not welcome you home"

Phina didn't know what to say.

"I expect you back this evening" Wendy hung up the phone.

Everything was silent except Phinas heart as it cracked. Her heartbreak felt cold. It felt like concrete drying in her chest. This heartbreak was unexpected. She sank to her knees on the floor and looked distantly at nothing in particular trying to process everything she had just been told.

She slapped away her tears. She tended to cry a lot whether it be over a sad movie, or in empathy for another. She hated her tendency to cry, it never got anywhere, never did her any good but she couldn't help it. She was an emotional person and that would most likely never change.

Her emotions swirled like ocean currents, deep and strong. Sometimes she felt scared to dive in incase she never made it out again, but she couldn't be anyone else, she didn't suppose any one could.