twelve

chapter twelve ~ Engagements and disasters

A fair few weeks had passed since the night of cotillion and it was finally Vk day. The day in which Mal, Jay, Evie and Carlos would travel to the isle of the lost to chose four more villain kids to bring over to Auradon.

Mal and Ben walk up to the stage and Philomena watched the pair from where she stood next to Evie and Carlos. Mal really did look like a beautifully powerful Queen.

Fairy god mother spoke into a golden microphone to make sure it was working and then handed it to Ben who took it with a great full smile.

"What's up Auradon!" Ben shouted earning a round of applause from everyone watching.

"Thank you everyone for coming out to welcome our new arrivals. They'll be here soon" Excited cheers echoed from all around.

Ben turned to look at Mal and took her hand in his.

"Mal, this is the exact spot we first met not so long ago. I feel like i've known you my whole life" He took a step back from the purple haired girl who was looking at him with an adoring smile.

"But did i mention i'm in love with you?" Onlookers stared at the couple and reacted with 'Aww's to Bens sweet words. The marching band played their instruments and Ben sang to the girl in front of him. This was it. This was the moment he had been so nervous about for the entire week.

"i met this girl that rocked my world like it's never been rocked and now i'm living just for her and i won't ever stop. I never thought that it could happen to a guy like me but now look at what you've done you've got me...down on my knee"

Ben opened a small ring Box and held it up to Mal who was watching him in shock.

"Mal its you and me, It's you and me forever...Will you marry me?" Both Phina and Evie squealed in excitement for their friends. Mal of course said yes and Ben immediately slipped the ring onto her finger.

Phina ran over to Carlos and Jay to give them both an excited hug which they of returned. It was just such a good day!

"Did you guys know?!" Mal giggled as she was embraced by both Evie and Phina.

"Everything" They both replied in unison.

"You are going to be such an amazing queen Mal" Philomena grinned and Evie nodded in agreement taking Mals hands into her own.

"Okay so i've only done about 1,000 sketches of your wedding dress and Belles already planned an engagement party for next week"

"Oh! Well it's a really good thing i said yes" Mal laughed and then was greeted by Adam and Belle who both gave her a hug.

Mal greeted everyone with Ben at her side politely exchanging hugs and thank yous. Jay stepped forward with his arms outstretched.

"All bow to Her royal majesty" The son of jafar said with a fake posh accent.

"oh, yes, her royal purple-ness" Carlos joined with his own strange accent.

"Silence you annoying peasants" Mal joked along with them waving pretentiously as Phina, Evie, Mal, Jay and Carlos all bowed mockingly to their newly engaged friend.

"As you wish, your fanciness" Phina joked and carlos chuckled

"your crankiness" he corrected making the group laugh.

Mal turned away from her friends to go and greet more people but her wrist was snatched by Audrey. Phina noticed that the daughter of sleeping beauty did not look at all happy as she sneered something at Mal. She wondered what made audrey so upset, she decided she'd check in her later. She may not be a friend but Phina had known Audrey for a while and so she'd hate to see the girl too upset. 

Phina looked to Ben when he clapped his hands together and looked around.

"Okay let's do this"

The royal limousine pulled up and Phina hugged her friends goodbye before they all got into it to leave for the isle to bring back the chosen VKs.

The limousine left for the isle leaving Phina standing where her friends previously were. Now all she had to do was wait.

Philomena stood next to Jane and watched the screen that was televising the journey to pick up the VKs. They had gotten the chosen kids to bring to Auradon and were now leaving the isle through the barrier but as it was just about to close a hand appeared and blocked the magical barrier from closing completely.

The tv screen displayed a close up image of the owner of the hand and startled gasps sounded at the picture of Hades himself. Phina gasped too. She had heard stories of Hades, after all he was one of the most feared people that lived in the isle. So if he escaped? that would be catastrophic.

Phina eyed the screen intently and watched her friends rush out of the car to try and stop Hades from escaping.

Hades who's hair was now blue flames held a glowing blue rock. Phina wasn't sure what it was but she didn't have to wonder for long because he then used it to fire blue jets at Ben, Jay and Carlos causing them to fall to the floor.

Phinas jaw was almost in the floor when Mal then turned into a dragon right in front of thud very eyes. Sure she had seen it all before at cotillion but she didn't think she would ever get used to the fact that one of her best friends could turn into a dragon. Life was so strange sometimes.

Hades used his blue rock to strike Mal in the chest with a zap and after a while it looked like mal was struggling. Phina bit her lip anxiously.

"Do not panic okay! Nobody needs to panic" Fairy god mother shouted through the microphone but nobody listened.

It was safe to say that everyone in Auradon was panicking.

"There's your precious Queen" Audrey shouted "She can't even protect us!"

All sympathy Philomena previously had for Audrey diminished instantly. She looked at the girl with borrowed eyes and stomped uber to where she and her grandmother stood.

"Shut your mouth Audrey before i do something i regret" Phina hissed.

Audrey laughed in disbelief "Are you threatening me?"

"Yes" Phina replied simply before turning away from Audrey with one last glare. By now everyone had scattered in search of safety but Philomena stayed with her eyes glued to the screen. She soothed herself with deep breaths until finally Mal managed to push Hades back through the barrier completely.

Phina smiled widely and watched Mal return to human form and fall into Bens arms. she was just glad she was okay, albeit weak from her struggle with the old god.