twenty two

chapter 22 ~ hugs and hoodies

Arriving back at Auradon, Phina had made Harry carry her bag to her dorm room whilst she walked by his side with her smaller hand in his rougher one.

Entering the dorm she noticed another persons things in her room and looked at them in confusion until Uma walked into her room.

"Oh we're sharing now" Uma smiled "Hope you don't mind but i don't think anyone else would really want to share with me"

"Of course i don't mind. I've always wanted a room mate!" Phina told the girl with tourquise hair excitedly.

She began to unpack her things as Harry sat on her bed and explained how he was supposed to be sharing with Gil but both him and Jay were taking a gap year to go travelling so he got his own room for the year.

She listened and smiled at the fact that Jay and Gil were getting along so well. Eventually, after changing into her pyjamas, Uma came and sat next to Harry on Phinas bed to join into the conversation.

"So why didn't your dad want you to come back?" Uma asked

Phinas eyes darted over to Harry and she cleared her throat awkwardly.

"Well, he's afraid that now the barrier is down...Harry's dad might try to take out his revenge on me"

Harry raised his brows in surprise. His father? He wouldn't want to hurt Philomena. Pan perhaps, but not the girl who was currently folding her white frilly socks. Harry could laugh at the thought.

"My dad wouldn't do that" Harry said firmly "Even if he wanted to i wouldn't let him get anywhere near"

"Really?" Phina said almost shyly.

"Yeah, he might be angry that your father fed his hand to the crocodile but he wouldn't want to harm you for it"

"My father what?! Fed his hand to a crocodile?" Phina couldn't believe what she was hearing. She thought Harry had been making up lies the last time he said something about a crocodile but the fact that he said it again meant he had to be telling the truth.

"Yeah cut it straight off and fed it right to a crocodile. The crocodile followed him around for years after but when he ended up on the isle it finally left him alone" Harry smiled at the thought of his father who refused to leave the isle for that very reason.

"Even the bloody crocodile didn't want to be on the isle" Uma joked and the three friends shared a laugh.

"For what it's worth I'm sorry that your father had to go through that. I know it should be my father apologising to yours but if doesn't seem likely that either of them would be able to step foot in the same room" She laughed softly at the thought of the two grown men, now both fathers, arguing and holding grudges over things that happened years previous.