sixteen

Chapter Sixteen ~ Icebreakers

Evie was fed up. She watched with a heavy heart as her friends and the pirates celebrated their victory separately. Why couldn't everyone just put their differences aside and have fun as a big team instead of having a big tension filled divide between the both groups.

"Guys come on" She sighed "This was so great! we were a team. we worked together. Come on"

Evie sighed again when everyone refused to be friendly to one and other.

"You know what we should try" She smiled "An icebreaker"

The pirates looked at the girl with blue hair skeptically whilst Mal, Phina, Jay and Carlos sighed and put their head in their hands because they knew what Evie was about to get them to do.

"You say something you really like about the other person" She explained to those who didn't know "Okay? I'll start"

Evie looked at each of the people in front of her eyes stopped on Harry who was doing everything possible to avoid eye contact with her. His cheeks were puffed out as he looked around with false boredom trying to go under the radar but it only made him stand out to Evie more.

"Harry" Evie said which caused Harry to roll his eyes and look irritated by the girl though Phina reckoned he would probably enjoy any compliment he was about to be received. She tilted her head slightly to the side and looked at him as she wondered if the whole facade he was doing was to hide his nervousness about what Evie was going to say.

"Great accent" Evie smiled and Phina watched as Harry almost looked relieved at Evie's words.

"Now you go" Evie said softly and it looked as though Harry was about to compliment Evie back until Uma cut him off

"is she always this perky"

"Oh, It wasn't really your turn but thank you!" Evie said to Uma kindly

Mal stepped forward and took Evie's hands in her own.

"Evie, I love you" She began

"i love you" Evie replied happily.

"I love this energy" Mal continued "But we are very short on time, Audrey clearly knows that we're here and we need to get out of here ASAP"

"Alright, Where does this cheerleader bunk down? Even if she's not there we might find some sort of clue" Uma was clearly getting impatient with all the talking

"Actually she's still in the dorms" Evie told her.

"You're right" Mal said "because of summer school"

Harry laughed "What? summer school? no wonder she wants revenge"

As a person who had been attending summer school all summer, and as much as she hated to admit it Philomena couldn't agree more.